Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI

Ive been provisoning some phones and whilst testing them out ive used a config file to store usernames and passwords as they will auto login, however, I now want to use this phone in production so have changed the config file to hold the new sip name, username and password and then factory reset the trio. However when i reboot it tries and succesfully logs in with the old account which its caching somehow, but i presumed a factory reset would wipe out.

I can click sign in and change the account, however, I noticed that it has changed the username and password to the new account, but not the sip address. I'm guessing its because the reg.1. doesnt have a set parameter, but this isnt ideal. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this issue?

<device.logincred device.logincred.user="name" device.logincred.password="password">
<device.logincred.user device.logincred.user.set="1" />
<device.logincred.password device.logincred.password.set="1" />
</device.logincred>
</device>
<reg reg.1.address="name@domain.uk" />

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry i didnt answer that did I, yes the phone does write back mac-phone.cfg files to the provisioning server.

which holds some overrides, a cert and the reg.1.address values!!!

Im assuming if I re-provision a phone, this file needs to be deleted ???

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @polycom_user234,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ and Skype for Business FAQ contains these post here:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Sep 04, 2017 Question:Can I sign into Skype for Business using configuration parameters?

Resolution: Please see this post => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The phone uploads any changes made vie the UI or the Web Interface and stores these on the server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, ive read through the links, however, i dont see an answer in them.

As i say, the domain.login. parameters refresh when changed in a config file and then when i restart the device. However, the SIP address parameter stays the same until you cancel the login and then amend them in the login page.

I belive the reason for this is that there is not  reg.1.address.set parameter to force it to check/change when the phone restarts.

This means when delivering to a customers desk it doesnt look great that there is an additional step for the support team or customer.

It would be good if you could clarify if this is the reason why the phone tries to login with the wrong sip address, could you answer this question, its easy to test if you want to as well. Also if you know of a workaround to force the phone to try to look for a new SIP address, ie is their a .set parameter by another name?

many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @polycom_user234,

I am completely unaware what type of setup you have for this.

• Is there a provisioning server and does this allow files to be uploaded ?
  • Is there a DHCP Option 160/160/66 which automatically would provide the phone with the above Server?
  • Does the phone upload its overwrite files aka <MAC>-web.cfg or <MAC>-phone.cfg?

You reply does not make any sense as you telling us you are factory resetting the device but still configuration values are populated.

Please check the above and if nobody else replies please work with your Polycom reseller for support on this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

• Is there a provisioning server and does this allow files to be uploaded ? Yes
  • Is there a DHCP Option 160/160/66 which automatically would provide the phone with the above Server? yes
  • Does the phone upload its overwrite files aka <MAC>-web.cfg or <MAC>-phone.cfg? goes to 000000....cfg file which sends it to a shared.cfg file and [MAC ADDRESS]-specific.cfg file. The [MAC ADDRESS]-specific.cfg file holds the parameters as explained. Test is, set the following for the phone:
  • <device.logincred device.logincred.user="name" device.logincred.password="password">
    </device.logincred>
    </device>
    <reg reg.1.address="name@domain.uk" />

login to the phone, fine. Change the [MAC ADDRESS]-specific.cfg  config file to

<device.logincred device.logincred.user="name2" device.logincred.password="password2">
</device.logincred>
</device>
<reg reg.1.address="name2@domain.uk" />

Factory reset the phone, the phone will reboot and try to login.

Hit cancel, then try to login using a user ID option, what will be displayed is ..

name2 (new name)

Password2 (new password)

name@domain.uk  (OLD SIP address)

You reply does not make any sense as you telling us you are factory resetting the device but still configuration values are populated. I factory reset the phone and it should now clear its cache and pull down the new parameters, however, it holds onto the old sip address somehow, i presumed a factory reset would wipe everything.

HP Recommended

Hello @polycom_user234,

You have not answered if there are any <mac>-phone.cfg or <mac>-web.cfg files.

In addition we do not even know as of yet what software version the phone is running.

If any overwrite files are found the Phone will read them and apply them

The next step is a ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry i didnt answer that did I, yes the phone does write back mac-phone.cfg files to the provisioning server.

which holds some overrides, a cert and the reg.1.address values!!!

Im assuming if I re-provision a phone, this file needs to be deleted ???

HP Recommended

the answer was that the saved file mac-phone.cfg with the cert etc for the specific device still existed and that was first checked and therefore it pulled this config through (hance the old sip address).

I cleared that device file mac-phone.cfg and all was fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.