Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi support, 

i updated a Polycom Trio 8800 with the release 5.9.1. 

After upload config file on the trio to enable usb passthrough i installed the application on a Windows 10 computer. All is ok excepted the option camera usb passthrough.

When i plug the usb cable on the computer the software seems to seach the device and .. failed.

After check the driver "Poly Trio Pass-through" seem to be missing in "peripherical devices". 

We removed antivirus, Windows firewall, user and machines gpo and we still have the issue.

Do you know the reason of this option issue ?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Christiane31 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Only the Software 5.9.1 Rev AA from the support page >here< contains the drivers to install on the PC. Please install these as explained >here<

If this still failes you will need to wait until this feature is GA as currently, its sandbox and not supported

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

oes this require the Trio to also be on  Software 5.9.1 Rev AA or can the Trio be on  Software 5.9.1 Rev AB ?

HP Recommended

Hello @Gerry 862 ,

The Sandbox feature was added in Rev AA but the driver was not included in the Rev AB software. Both versions work but are not officially supported aka Sandbox only until we GA release this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thanks I have the application from the AA revision , but the Trios are all now on AB revision - i am struggling to apply the config file from above to the device - does it need ammended before applying Trio just sits saying uploading but never ends 

Gerry 

HP Recommended

hello steffen

yes i did. I upgraded a trio in release 5.1.10419 following the right procedure (i think)

I uploaded with success the config file in the Trio and i still not working. 

The issue seems to be on computer not on the trio ...   

HP Recommended

we have the latest Firmwar AB on device installed app from AA and get this when trying to connect the app to the trio 

Audio works but as before 

HP Recommended

we have trio on 5.9.1.10946

HP Recommended

Hello @Gerry 862 ,

If you have also the configuration set as explained in the Folder or the FAQ post and it still fails then you need to wait until the feature is GA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

If you have also the configuration set as explained in the Folder or the FAQ post and it still fails then you need to wait until the feature is GA.

We have set the config on the device and installed the app - not sure the above is helpfull its in sandbox but surley you need feedback to be able to roll it out 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.