Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the Trio 8800 and the Video+ device on the same VLAN that is connected to the Internet via a 10 Mb fiber.  The video seems to be clear and smooth, but when I try to share content like my desktop via Skype for Business it is incredibly choppy.  I would imaging the video would be suceptible to being choppy.

The VLAN that the 8800 and the Visual+ are on is for my hosted PBX provider to use.  They have the gateway on that VLAN ( an Edgewater device) that controls the configurations for the IP Phones.  The 10 Mb line is hardly being taxed and these tests were being done when no one was in the office.

Why would the video be clear, but the screen sharing be choppy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jordan,

In addition could you provide some details on the content itself you are trying to share such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Jordan,

we would need to investigate this by analyzing some logs.

Please go ahead and contact your Polycom reseller where you purchased the unit from so they can open a ticket for you.

If this was some kind of discounter please post the MAC address of the device so I can advise you who to work with.

Why do we need this:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Jordan,

In addition could you provide some details on the content itself you are trying to share such as PowerPoint, Excel documents, standard PDF, etc ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.