Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello jbanh88,

both of these VVX500 have been sold via ALLNET GMBH and are NOT a Lync or Skype for Business SKU so you must purchase a relevant Polycom per device license in order to use these two and any other unit.

This is outlined => here <=

When opening a ticket please provide the proof of this or we cannot support you.

@DT-Kevin

the same for you. Please either work with your reseller or post a MAC address. In addition UC Software 5.4.1 is no longer supported so you need to use UC Software 5.4.5

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This user was fine 2 weeks ago.  S4B automatically downgraded all of these phones to version 5.4.1 last week or so and that is when this happened.  We have upgraded them again to version 5.5 (but the issue for this user persists no matter if i use a VVX400, 500 or 600 phone) .  We also have now disabled the automatic firmware updates feature via powershell in the S4B admin portal.  VVX600 MACs 0004f26ccf44, cd363, cd36a, cd36f, cd1a3, ccf77, ccf42, ccf68, cd19f, and 0004f27388a7.

The issue is, for just one user, on the phone there are no favorites on the display.   you press Directory, contacts, groups ... there is no favorites group but there is a "pinnedGroup" that pinnedGroup group is her favorites.  if you add or subtract favorites from S4B they come and go from that group on her phone.  How do we rename that back to Favorites?

Thanks for your assistance!

HP Recommended

I just wanted to post an update re: Skype for Business not displaying favorites on the VVX400, VVX500  VVX600 series phones for some users.  In our case, the Favorites group (on the phone) was missing and had beed replaced by a group called "pinnedGroup" you could add and subtract from favorites in S4B and those changes would happen in the pinnedGroup on the phone.  (You find that on your phone by choosing Directories / Contacts / Groups - you should see favorites there.) I opened a couple of tickets with Microsoft Skype for Business in the admin portal. (portal.office.com and login as your site administrator, choose support). At first they told me it was a Polycom issue with that phone (but I had tried 4 different phones - it was definitely tied to that user.) I spent nearly 10 hours troubleshooting, wiping phones and restoring, Firmware upgrades and downgrades, wiping favorites in skype and recreating -- nothing worked!

Once I told them (Microsoft) that the Favorites group was gone and this pinnedGroup had taken its place, they took ownership of the ticket and said that this was a common issue with Polycom.  They refreshed our site (domain) and the Favorites group was restored to the phone.  The pinnedGroup is still there, but the phone does again display working favorites.

In our case, this happened after S4B pushed an automatic downgrade of firmware to our phones taking them from 5.5 back down to 5.4.1 (which isn't even supported by Polycom) -- there is a powershell script that you can run in S4B that will disable that feature.

HP Recommended

Hello DT_Kevi,

UC Software 5.5.0 is not supported by Polycom using Skype for Business or LYNC.

UC Software 5.4.1 is supported to use with Skype for Business or LYNC. 

I have never heard about a pinnedGroup problem and if nobody reports it to us we are unable to fix it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, you said in your post to me on Monday (above) "In addition UC Software 5.4.1 is no longer supported so you need to use UC Software 5.4.5"  So that is what I based my comment on.  Sorry for the confusion, feel free to edit my post to be accurate.

Microsoft support told me they were working directly with Polycom on this issue, so I don't know what to tell you on that. I can't open a ticket directly with you all or I would have.  There is nothing about this pinnedGroup issue in the forums so I was merely trying to help others who may encounter the same problem.

I appreciate your attentiveness to this forum - I see you post a lot.  Thanks for that!!

HP Recommended

Hello DT_Kevin,

MSFT pushes 5.4.1 via Lync Online / O365 to handset's but you can usually disable this.

If this is a local LYNC / Skype for Business environment we usually ask people to got to 5.4.5 but depending on the issue we can support 5.4.1

If you have a MAC address I can lookup who your reseller is and who will support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

it is O365.  Here's one of the addresses.  0004f26ccf44

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello DT_Kevin,

The VVX600 was sold via WESTCON COLLABORATION back in 30/06/2016. They are your Polycom reseller and they can open a ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

If there is assinged phone number unassig it first, then delete the use from O365 and recreate it again, assing phone number back to user, then try to login on phone.

I solved that same problem by doing that.

HP Recommended

I have been having the same issue as DT_Kevin with one of our six SfB accounts. I have a Contacts Group that is called pinnedGroup and reacts to changes to the Favorites in the SfB desktop interface. However, these favorites do not appear as automatic line sets as they do for our other accounts. Additionally, this account has been named as a delegate for all other users. Only 4 of the 5 other users appear on the phone as people this account manages calls for. Based on this thread it appears that this is most likely a Microsoft issue and I have been working with them. Unfortunately, they now want to delete and recreate the account as Aytug mentioned. I'd like to try to avoid this if possible so thought I'd see if anyone else had alternative solutions.

I am using a VVX500 (0004F2D68612) running 5.5.1; this is an O365 account. Again, it seems to be a Microsoft issue as it follows the user, but I was hoping to not have to go through the whole delete/recreate user process if someone knew an alternative solution we hadn't tried.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.