Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a a Trio 8800 with a Visual+ addon that is currently registered as a 3rd party SIP device to our Cisco Call Manager 11.5. I would like to utilize the built-in Skype for Business functionality as well but the option is greyed out in the admin menu. Can somebody please advise how I can make this work?

Thanks & regards,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

I have not got around to do a FAQ post on this so simply follow these steps:

• Factory default the Trio
  • After booting up change into LYNC
  • After rebooting enable the Web Interface
  • After rebooting import the attached TrioMultipleLines.zip, unzip this and import via the Web interface
  • Sign into Skype for Business via the Web Interface
  • Manually configure Line 2 (or 3) to be used with CUCM or any other SIP server
    (You may need to refresh the Browser to see the 2nd or 3rd line)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

I have not got around to do a FAQ post on this so simply follow these steps:

• Factory default the Trio
  • After booting up change into LYNC
  • After rebooting enable the Web Interface
  • After rebooting import the attached TrioMultipleLines.zip, unzip this and import via the Web interface
  • Sign into Skype for Business via the Web Interface
  • Manually configure Line 2 (or 3) to be used with CUCM or any other SIP server
    (You may need to refresh the Browser to see the 2nd or 3rd line)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, that worked!

HP Recommended

Hi
1. Is there a formal version that supports dual lines?

2. Is there a similar solution for VVX311?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually the release notes state what new features are added and we support Hybrid registration since UC Software 5.5.2 for the Trio product.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: You can register only one line when Lync is set as the base profile on the phone. The Polycom Trio has a Hybrid registration feature from UC Software 5.5.2 or later. Details can be found in the Trio Admin Guide or => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply, we have a Trio8800 

Tried upgrading it to 5.5 version but it only updated to 5.4 (not at office so can't tell the exact version right now)

Any aparent reason?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

This could have many reasons as you may host the software for the Trio on the Skype for Business server or any other.

We would at least to see some kind of log of this but the quickest way may be getting support via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

OK I will contuct our reseller, what about the 2nd question?

We have several VVX311 phones

Is there a similar solution for VVX311?

HP Recommended

Hello @YuvalPrtn,

Please read my reply which is also in the FAQ. Only the Trio at present supports Hybrid mode.

I cannot talk in public about anything else as it requires a NDA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,
Going back to the original reply which worked for us (thank you again)
Is there an option to set the 3rd line to Skype as well?
What should be the parameters in the screen capture desplayed?

Meaning:

Line1: Set to use Skype FB (sign in is done by users in the meeting room each time)
Line2: SIP
Line3: Will be a fixed Skype FB account (e.g. trio8800@....) that users can invite to a meeting

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.