Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I can't get to one of Visual+  GUI which is part of the Trio 8800 colaboration pack.

I can ping the address but I think web server is disabled. 

How to enable it if http and https failes?

Thank you in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how to factory restore the Visual+

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello DanielK76,

I am not aware of the Visual+ Web Interface to be disabled other than if you have done so via a configuration file.

Are you sure you have the right IP?

I would suggest you double check and then check => here <= in regards of the configuration and => here <= in regards of USB provisioning as the Visual+ can utilize the same method.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank for the information, but I'm still having problems connecting to the web interface of the Visual+.

I'm definitely using the correct IP, and I was at one time able to connect to the Visual+ web interface successfully. The only change that was made was to change the base profile on the Visual+ from Generic to Lync (so that it matched the base profile of Trio).

Since that change, the Visual+ web interface has been inaccessible. The unit responds to ping requests, but refuses the connection over HTTP/HTTPS to access the GUI.

Is there a way that you can provide to factory reset the Visual+. Following from that, when the Trio pairs with the Visual+ should it then configure and provision it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how to factory restore the Visual+

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Those instructions are for resetting the Visual+ to factory settings. But it does not address the issue that the original poster and I as well are running into. Mainly that if you change the Visual+ base profile to Lync, it appears you lose all access to the unit (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, you name it). How is that ok? Why is that option even there and why is there no warning if that's the normal behavior? I am growing increasinly frustrated with everything Polycom and the Trio/Visual+ in particular and nothing seems to get better with new iterations of software.

HP Recommended

Hello bb2,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just re-read the original posters reply to my post and noticed that he mentioned that he changed the Base Profile on the Visual+

There is no need to change any setting on the Visual+ as all relevant configuration changes are controlled by the Trio itself.

If base profile mode would be changed the only way to re-enable the Web Interface is via the GUI and as the Visual+ has no such GUI you are unable to do this.

In addition the is no SSH / Telnet access to the unit, especially not for End User.

If you still have an issue I urge you to report this via your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

@bb2 wrote:

Those instructions are for resetting the Visual+ to factory settings. But it does not address the issue that the original poster and I as well are running into. Mainly that if you change the Visual+ base profile to Lync, it appears you lose all access to the unit (HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, you name it). How is that ok? Why is that option even there and why is there no warning if that's the normal behavior? I am growing increasinly frustrated with everything Polycom and the Trio/Visual+ in particular and nothing seems to get better with new iterations of software.

It seems a bug in Visual+. We have changed base profile to Lync and lost web access as well. Trying to factory reset now.

HP Recommended

Arturas Rimonis

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Utilizing a currently supported software like 5.4.5 should already have removed the functionality from the Web Interface so untrained users can no longer set this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.