Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.

I have couple Polycoms like VVX 400, VVX 300, VVX 410, CX 3000.

Could I setup them with Microsoft Teams?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @BudrysLP,

yes, you can use them till mid 2023, but not natively. Have a look here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/skype-for-business-phones-3pip-support-w...

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-What-Phone-Models-support-LYNC-2010-2013-2015-2...

If you want to use phones with native integration, go for the new Poly CCX series! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @BudrysLP,

yes, you can use them till mid 2023, but not natively. Have a look here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/skype-for-business-phones-3pip-support-w...

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-What-Phone-Models-support-LYNC-2010-2013-2015-2...

If you want to use phones with native integration, go for the new Poly CCX series! 

HP Recommended

Do we have any documentation how to use them with Teams?

HP Recommended

Hello @BudrysLP ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer. We already reminded you of this back >here<

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi BudrysLP,

you should Google key words like "teams-skypeforbusiness-coexistence-interoperability", there are so many threads about this topic and how you should configure your O365 enviroment.

Long way short, leave your VVX as they are (homed in Skype for Business Online) switch your tenant to Teams only and the Microsoft Gateway should do the rest. When a specific event occurs (like placing a call from the phone to another user in Teams Only mode) then Skype for Business Online knows to route that call through the gateway services into the Teams environment.

As pointed out above, this is an "Audio Only" experience with Microsoft Teams as the gateway only supports audio. 

HP Recommended

But my question is how to setup my current VVX 400 to work with Teams.

HP Recommended

Hello @BudrysLP ,

again, some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer. We already reminded you of this back >here<

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

A VVX Phone will never work natively with Teams. A VVX can register via Skype for Business and Microsofts 3PIP service enables the phone to interoperate with Teams.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have setup Polycom - Skype for Business Certified Phone app on Azure.

But still nothing.

HP Recommended

You may need to give us some more details before we can help you.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Assuming you are using Modern Authentication, you will need to choose the "Web Sign In" option on the phone. As I see you've previously used BToE, you should know you can't use that sign in method with Modern Authentication.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.