Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I see.

So i can purchase this immediately, and simply confirm here that i have purchased it?  Would you then be able to help further as i am pulling my hair out trying to get this issue resolved? The license is only £100 for 10 phones, so its fine for me to purchase this.   Of course i would be happy to provide proof of purchase when required. 

Let me know! 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan

We have purchased the license and are waiting for it to be delivered (it says 1-2 days online but i am sure its a digital download that i assume will come sooner). 

Either way, i think i stumbled across what was my issue has been.  The phone was rebooting, and downgrading its self from 5.9.6.2996 to 5.6.0.17325

So the process was

we updated the phone

we signed in with no issues at all.

phone stayed signed in for 10/15 minutes (sometimes a little longer)

Then the phone automatically rebooted its self.

I finally realised after the reboot it had downgraded.

So in the Teams Powershell i have run this command: 

Set-CsIPPhonePolicy -EnableDeviceUpdate $False

This should stop the phone automatically updating and hopefully fix the issue

One thing i am not clear on is why in the world Microsoft is sending a command to the phone to DOWNGRADE it to an earlier version!  Maybe you can shed some light on that? 

That same downgrade does not happen on my person tenant, even though the setting above is enabled. 

Any ideas? 

HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon ,

From our FAQ:

Nov 6. 2019 Question: Is there a difference between the Software Microsoft supplies via Skype for Business to other versions supplied by Poly?

Resolution: Microsoft does not always host the latest software. Poly supported software for Skype for Business can always be found >here< and questions around support are answered >here<. In order to prevent Skype to downgrade the software check => here <=

I have no Idea what our partner Microsoft may host on this tenant.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

So sorry to drive you mad but can i ask one last question (2 actually!).

1: where can i find the lyncDeviceUpdateEnabledOFF.zip as the link on this page is broken 

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Microsoft-UC-Platforms/FAQ-Skype-for-Business-frequently-asked-ques... 

2: Do I need to both upload the file from lyncDeviceUpdateEnabledOFF.zip and disable Device Updates via PowerShell on Office 365, or just one or the other? 

I hope you can let me know

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon ,

The above-quoted FAQ leads to a post:

Also the Skype FAQ has the file:

Running the CFG on the phones "should" be sufficient.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.