Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I will be getting a influx of Polycom Trio 8800's as we upgrade conference room equipment to newer devices.  I am curious how others are using their equipment.  For the Trio's we were using the Polycom VTC License and would like to get away and possibly use a teams room license but do not want to lose the SIP Option.  

Is anyone using the Trio's in Hybird mode and having luck?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello eenochs@tcco.com ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

In regards to Trio 8800/8500 supporting native Teams:

Nov 04, 2021 Question: Are Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 supported to be used with Microsoft Teams?

ResolutionAs explained >here< the Trio 8800 and 8500 are no longer supported as a Microsoft Teams device since 31/10/2021.
The Microsoft Teams App included in any current Poly UC Software build for Trio 8800 and 8500 is 1449/1.0.94.2020051601

If you do not mind running unsupported Hardware and having to log them in every 90 days the Native Teams App is a solution.

Also, our partner just certified Trio 8800/8500 via the SIP Gateway >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Trio 8800 + Visual Plus + Eagle Eye Mini + RealConnect = "Teams Room" ish

Trio 8800 + Visual Plus + Eagle Eye Mini + Zoom CRC = "Zoom Room" ish

Trio 8800 + Group Series + Camera + Above also works

Jan from Poly has some great videos on the above:  

Tech🛠🔧Workshop Poly Trio 8800 V+ VPro - Dial to any platform - Extended Edt - YouTube

Also, it looks like you can pair the Trio with newer X series units as well:

Tech🛠 How-To Pair Trio 8800 with Studio X and G7500 - YouTube

Don't throw them away just yet!

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK  Also, our partner just certified Trio 8800/8500 via the SIP Gateway >here<

Has anyone been able to successfully get the Trio 8800 to work with the Teams SIP Gateway, I've tried a number of times and the phone goes through the reboot cycle like the VVX series does after assigning Microsoft provisioning server url, however when it completes there is a button that says "Click to dial" as opposed to the teams sign in button

HP Recommended

also SteffenBaierUK the url Using compatible Poly IP phones to sign into Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway | Poly, formerly Plantronic... has the screen shots missing with the instruction on how to accomplish this task

HP Recommended

I was able to get this process working with the Trio 8800 it just that the button says "click to dial" as opposed to "sign in" and there is no Teams logo.   I was successful utilizing provisioning, activiation and a remote login from the teams admin centre.

HP Recommended

Hello @Brad_W  and all

the correct URL with screenshots is >here<

For any issues around provisioning please work with our Partner Microsoft as they defined the method, process and are looking after this solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.