Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Would like to know if this is possible, I recently scored a Polycom Trio 8500 and have an office 365 Family License, I would like to sign in with my personal account.

Is there a way to do so?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Delayed ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your post was placed into an incorrect section and has been moved from there to the Microsoft UC Platform section.

If you are after using this with the Native Teams app can I refer you to our FAQ here:

Nov 04, 2021 Question: Are Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 supported to be used with Microsoft Teams?

ResolutionAs explained >here< the Trio 8800 and 8500 are no longer supported as a Microsoft Teams device since 31/10/2021.
The Microsoft Teams App included in any current Poly UC Software build for Trio 8800 and 8500 is 1449/1.0.94.2020051601

You would be using an unsupported product with Microsoft Teams.

You could use it as:

• In Skype for Business mode with the Microsoft 3PIP Gateway
  • in openSIP mode using the Microsoft SIP Gateway

The FAQ should have enough details on this
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I spoke to Microsoft, they say that these Polycom Trio 8500 are not supported for Personal Accounts, as a result I was told to obtain/install the "Teams for Personal Account Version" 

When I use my personal account (Office 365 Family) its kicks in Company Portal, as a result, I was wondering is it possible for a custom firmware to be applied for personal accounts, so that I can sign in to these without going through an organisational setup. 

Users like me don't have a business license, hence we don't have MS Teams Admin portal, I am looking for a solution for which personal accounts, or those on MS Office 365 Subscription (Indiviidual/Family) to actually use these conference phones.

Thanks

Delayed

HP Recommended

Hello @Delayed ,

there is no custom software. The Microsoft Teams application running in our firmware versions are the ones we have been given by our Partner Microsoft whilst Microsoft Teams was still a supported platform for the Poly Trio 8500 and 8800

The only way to use these now with Microsoft is either via the 2 options I mentioned in my original reply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Delayed,

Steffen is correct that there is no way to use the Trio 8500 with a personal Teams account. However, if you are interested in non-Microsoft options, you can set up an account with a SIP provider such as VoIP.ms and use the Trio 8500 to place and answer calls with their service. Here are the instructions for setting up the Poly Trio 8800 with VoIP.ms: https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Poly_Trio_8800. (The Trio 8800 is very similar to the 8500 and setup will be exactly the same.)

Regards,

Ryan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.