Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I can also report a non-functional touch screen.

It has been broken for some time, but since the CX5500 has been used only with a computer via USB, the touch screen operations had not been noticed before. But I've now upgraded the software to version 1.3.3 and the indicator lights are now flashing as amber. The device still works via USB, but the touch screen functionality would be needed since we're planning to use this also as a Skype phone.

The information of this device is:

CX5500 Codec: p/n 2201-64761-001, 82153343F7D1DA (Mfr: 20150810)
CX5500 Camera: p/n 2201-64374-002, 821534004E0FDB (Mfr: 20150819)

I know these are out of warranty, but I would appreciate if you could give some information what could be the easiest way to fix this device's touch screen (in Finland, Europe)

I also have another CX5500 which failed to do a factory reset (it had software 1.2.3) and is now in a constant reboot cycles (with green lights flashing):

CX5500 Panorama Codec: p/n 2201-64761-001, 82163445C9B6DA (Mfr: 20160813)
CX5500 Panorama Camera: p/n 2201-64374-100, 821633007F15DB (Mfr: 20160809)

That device is also out of warranty, so hopefully the same service as for the touch screen repair could also be used for this startup problem ...

Kind Regards,

Jari

HP Recommended

I have a CX5500 that the touch screen stops responding after a few hours of non-use.  The only way to bring it back to life is to power off the entire system and power back on.  This just started happening after the 1.3.3 update.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

HP Recommended

Ha-ha-ha! Welcome to the club! And trust me - if you downgrade to version 1.3.2 or even 1.2 it will not fix itself! This is just a co-incident that fooled you to think that upgrade broke it! This is not! This is faulty hardware! I tried moving the LCD assembly to the working unit and it still does not work there! This is somethign that is causing LCD touch to fail! So enjoy your broken screen, and anjoy your wasted money! And since there is no parts available, you can throw $5,000 unit away! This is all sad!

HP Recommended

Hello @alexg,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We already established that you did not purchase the units new as you are not the original owner so therefore we do not know what state your units had been in when you purchased these individually base and camera units and combined these to get them working.

In addition you never followed up your post either as requested => here <=.

For the new users @Boodash and @Jari Salminen please contact Polycom Support and/or your Polycom reseller so we can check why these units failed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I discovered it is the codex box causing the issue.  I put a new CX5500 device on the table and the next day it too was not responding.  So I changed out the codex box and now everything works fine.  Now I have to try and get the codex box replaced as it is out of warranty

HP Recommended

Thank you for this info. This is interesting case you described here. Can you please confirm what software level was in the original codec (where Touch did not work) and the second codec (where touch started working)? Are they both running latest software version v1.3.3? If not, you may want to try upgrade both codecs to latest version v1.3.3 and I bet they both will work just fine!

The real problem is not with the codec. Problem with the touch screen assembly. I will not go to deeper details here as my friend Steffen may not like it :-). But again - this is pure hardware issue. Although, there is another known issue, that some newer models of the LCD assembly requires newer level of the software.

Anyway, solution still unavailable. In fact there is no solution for the hardware failure except replace failed hardware. But unfortunately I cannot find this part (LCD assembly) so I cannot fix this issue...

HP Recommended

@Boodash

thanks for confirming changing the base unit (not the camera with the touch module) solved your issue.

@alexg

As confirmed by @Boodash changing of the base unit ( not the unit with the camera & touchscreen ) fixed his issue.

Again Polycom solutions (like other manufacturers as well) are not based on off the shelf solutions so many parts are manufactured for Polycom only and therefore can only be repaired by Polycom.

The new touchscreen sensor (part number 2201-64374-100)  requirement is outlined on our support page => here <= and affects the old software 1.1.5 or older

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Old Codex had version 1.3.3 and I upgraded the new Codex from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 when I installed it.  I check erveryday and both units have been working fine since the install.  Now I wonder if I can get the Codex repaired or replaced since this seems to be widespread.  But since it is out of warranty I doubt Polycom will just replace it without me spending a large amount!

HP Recommended

Will Polycom replace this Codex at their cost?  Or will I have to pay to get it repaired?

HP Recommended

Hello @Boodash,

I would not call this a widespread issue as I already mentioned within this post that there are only around 3-4 customers reporting this.

I know nothing about your organisation or how old these devices are and if you purchased these as the first owner.

I suggest you get in touch with whoever sold these units and then take it from there.

If they are only just about out of warranty I would assume we may show some lenience regarding the warranty status but again this is on a case to case basis.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.