I got some videoconference issues (Office 365) and hope you could point me to the right direction. Perhaps there is a known problem or a configuration issue?
- Trio 8800 (MAC: 64:16:7F:B8:D5:05, 3111-65290-001 Rev:A) with Visual+ and EagleEye IV, Software version 220.127.116.1106, NTP setup correctly, in Hybrid mode, 2 Lines defined. Configured freshly after factory reset
- Line 1: Registered with Office 365 account, autoupgrade disabled over PowerShell, disabled on phone as well with config file. No registration issues after following the documentation I found on the polycom website and in the community.
- Line 2: Registered with SIP account. No issues at all with SIP.
- Trio on separate LAN with access to internet via Zyxel Firewall, no NAT rules, no restrictions inbound to outbound
- PC with Skype for Business, Teams and Webbrowser on yet another LAN with own internet access. Though I mostly test with the Teams client.
The good news:
- SIP, Line 2: Inbound and outbound phone calls work perfectly.
- O365, Line 1: I can setup audio conferences and join with PC and Trio. No issues here.
- O365, Line 1: I can setup video conferences an can join them from PC and from Trio. I have issues here.
The bad news, a.k.a. problems:
- Concerns only Video calls
- If PC joins the videoconference first, and Trio second, most of the time it works as expected. Yet, about every second or third time I connect, the video signal from the Trio to the PC would freeze on the PC after a few seconds.
- If Trio joins the videoconference first, and PC second, Trio does not see a video signal from the PC. Yet, the PC will see video from Trio.
- If the PC would stop video, or share the screen, then switch back to camera and start sending video again, Trio would not display it.
- The "bad behaviour" can be "cured" by Trio leaving and re-joining the video conference.
- The PC leaving and re-joining the conference mostly ends with the PC receiving the video from Trio, but Trio still does not see the video from the PC.
- Direct video calls from PC to Trio will not show video from Trio, but Trio see's video from PC. Calls from Trio to PC never connect as video, but only as audio calls.
- I checked the logs and could not see something that jumps at me. However, I might not have set the optimal logging levels set.
Doing the same tests with a PC on both ends, does not show video/conference issues at all. Everything works just as expected. No freezes, no video loss, all ok.
I would appreciate to get some pointers on how to troubleshoot this. Or perhaps, there is a known issue with hopefully a workaround or a fix?
I plan to demo the environment next Wednesday, but with the video issues I have right now, I would cancel that demo and probably loose the deal.
Any help is appreciated.
Behavior when joining a (Teams) videoconference planned with O365:
- PC joins first
- Trio joins next
- first few seconds, all videos seem ok
- PC sees local and remote video - sometimes, the remote video freezes. The only fix is Trio to re-join.
- Then Trio sees local and remote
- PC stops sending video
- PC only sees remote video from Trio
- Trio only sees local video with icon that PC has stopped cam
- PC starts video again
- PC sees local and remote video
- Trio only sees local video, remote video from PC does not come back
- PC stops video again
- PC only sees remote video
- Trio only sees local video, Trio screen now shows standard display with meeting info
stopping/starting video on PC side does not improve anything
- PC leaves call
- No change on Trio side, still only sees local video and standard screen
- PC re-joins call
- PC only sees local video
- Trio only sees local video with user icon, but no video
- Trio leaves call
- PC only sees local video (enlarged)
- Trio only sees local video, screen shows standard display with meeting info
- Trio re-joins call
- All fine again, yet sometimes the Trio vidoe would freeze on the PC side
- Trio does Pause
- PC, still sees local video and remote video
- Trio only sees local video
- Trio continues
- PC still sees local video and remote video
- Trio only sees local video with standard screen.
- This can only be fixed by Trio to re-join the conference