Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

No we never used Skype, and today is only the first day I started using Lens, only for troubleshooting purpose. Previously I just set the Teams SIP gateway server in the phone's browser.

It looks like I'm not the only one who experienced similar problem:

https://community.poly.com/t5/Microsoft-UC-Platforms/Firmware-upgrade-SIP-Gateway/td-p/119379

Anyway my RMA for those phones has been approved so I'm just going to return them. I've done enough troubleshooting, time to look for alternatives.

Thanks guys for all the help.

HP Recommended

Is there any improvement with this issue from Poly?  I have 200 x VVX 250s that were purchased after successfully testing SIP Gatway on multiple devices.  I guess I got terribly unlucky testing with older units, but now I learn that they don't work with the new firmware, and are not downgradeable.  Any device?  I have the exact same issue as grca2022

HP Recommended

Hello @bdransf1 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I can see you also raised a ticket with our support team 34529003 and we are looking into this.

What is the error you see if any or does it just return to the Log in Screen as this user >here< ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Thanks- yea when you sign in via the Microsoft link, the phone reboots twice.  After the second reboot it shows the URI number of the account but it has a red X on it and it says URL calling is unavailable in the upper right. The phone shows up on Teams Admin Center as well, but as offline.

On the phone itself, the issue appears to be 2 things. 1. I have an older VVX 250 that SIP Gateway works and it has a Microsoft RSA TLS certificate from authenticating.  However, the new phones do not receive this cert.

2. I've been told that the firmware needs to be updated to 6.4.4, however as soon as you do that, the Teams provisioning process downgrades the firmware to 6.4.3. Does not matter if TLS Web Services is changed to v2/3 from 1.2. My older test phones that work, Teams provisioning drops it to 6.3.1. 

It seems like 1 of 2 things need to happen: Microsoft needs to inject the new 6.4.4 firmware into their provisioning process, or Poly needs to release 6.3.1 so we can use SIP Gateway.

HP Recommended

If you go down to VVX 250 on Microsoft's SIP Gateway combability page, it says "The device will auto-reboot and install the selected firmware" and has 6.3.1.8427 listed.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/sip-gateway-plan

HP Recommended

Hello @bdransf1 

from what I foudn out internally Microsoft will roll out the 6.4.3 Rev I next week on an internal test ring.

I will get someone to contact you.

For everyone else, the new VVX x50 Hardware as outlined >here< will never be able to install anything older than 6.4.3/

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.