Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for the update. I just tried and it's still the same issue. The phone still gets version 6.4.3. I can manually update the firmware to 6.4.4 but upon reboot Microsoft Teams revert it back to 6.4.3

HP Recommended

Hello @grca2022 

via Poly Lens or Microsoft? I used Poly Lens and redirected via Lens to Microsoft and the phone stayed on 6.4.4.3178

Regards

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I just manually updated the firmware from the phone's web interface. I've never used Lens. Is that a free software from Poly for managing the phones?

HP Recommended

Jan 04, 2019 Question: Where can I find details on Poly Provisioning Servers?

Resolution: Poly has separate Solutions for either on Premise Poly Clariti Manager formally known as ResourceManager RPRM or Poly also offers a free solution called Lens >here<

Combined with

Using compatible Poly IP phones to sign into Microsoft Teams SIP Gateway

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the phone provisioned in Lens and the firmware version does stay at 6.4.4 now. But it still doesn't work with Teams. Same error saying line unregistered. Did you test with a VVX250 and it worked?

HP Recommended

Hello @grca2022 

I tested a VVX 401 and a VVX 410. What is the serial for the VVX aka is it "old" hardware before June 2022 or new?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

The vvx250 phones I have are newer hardware and their firmware version can't go lower than 6.4.3. I just bought them this month. If your vvx models have version 6.4.4 and works fine with Teams, that means only the vvx250 is having issues with Teams for firmware other than 6.3.1. I remember someone else said their vvx450 with 6.4.3 works no issues. It makes me wonder if it is a Microsoft issue and they are missing something about this model and firmware.

HP Recommended

Hello @grca2022 ,

just used a new hardware VVX 250 via DHCP Option to Poly Lens. The phone was upgraded to 6.4.4.3219 and redirected to Microsoft Teams in EMEA.

I then used the remote sign-in via the Code displayed on the phone and it signed in. I also made a test call from my UK mobile to the US Number and it rang and I could answer I have two-way audio.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for your update. I'm truly lost on this one. My setup is very simple: vvx250 behind a cellular modem. There is no firewall or switch in between. Phone is set up with static IP, provision server is pointing to Lens. In Lens I have a policy to enable Microsoft Teams in the Integrations section. I tried both Americas and EMEA, same issue. Upon reboot, the phone would say contacting provisioning server, then says provision successful. After that it'll say line unregistered.

HP Recommended

Were you previously using this device with Skype for Business (or another SIP service) while it was under management with Poly Lens? There is a known issue where Lens restores obsolete per-device settings to the device when it checks in after a factory reset, which breaks connectivity with the Teams SIP Gateway.

You can check whether this is impacting you by navigating to the device in Lens and selecting Settings > My Settings > This Device. If there are any SIP account settings listed there, you are impacted. The workaround is to initiate another factory reset of the device, and as soon as it reboots, delete the entry for the device from Lens.

My community post about this issue is here: WARNING: Poly Lens breaks Factory Reset - Poly Community

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.