Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to configure a new VVX600 to work with our Lync server. I want to do this the manual way or via our provisioning server. I have already set the phone to use the Lync profile but I do not get the option to sign in. What Am I doing wrong? I have read the manual a few times but it mentions some config files that I cannot find anywhere which are the LyncPerPhone.cfg and LyncPerAll.cfg. I am only using the lync.cfg that is included inside the UCS software folder adn have set the following parameters:

<reg reg.1.dialPlanName="" reg.1.lisdisclaimer="" reg.1.lync.autoProvisionCertLocation="6" reg.1.ringType.privateLine="default" reg.1.serverAutoDiscovery="0" reg.1.server.1.address="sipdir.online.lync.com" reg.1.server.1.port="5060"></reg>
<softkey>

Pretty much just turned off auto discover. But I do not see on the phone to log in anyware. Help is much appreciated. Phone has UCS 5.4.1

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello hector.farinas,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your issue => here <= ?

Its good to follow up old posts so other users can profit from your experience.

The other post you enquired before was => here <= but you did not seem to use LYNC then.

Looking at that serial number of the VVX600 you used at that time the Phone was not a LYNC SKU so therefore you need to manually bring it into LYNC base profile mode.

Can you attach a backup of your current configuration as if the phone is in LYNC base profile it will either ask for Extension and Pin if correctly setup in your network or if not to login via the Username and Password.

WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD is the reseller who sold that phone back in 2015 so you would need to consult with them if you require first level support as they can open a ticket for you.

Please also ensure to purchase the relevant per LYNC licenses as explained => here <= for all phones not purchased as LYNC or Skype SKU.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for the reply. Yes the old posts were resolved thank you. We did not have Lync back then but now we do and I just wanted to test it out with the VVX600. I am trying this on a new phone but not sure if it has the license, maybe this is why is not working? Te serial is 0004f2911e08. I have attached the config file.

HP Recommended

Hello hector.farinas,

I assume you are not really sure what you are doing or you would not have set:

reg.1.auth.useLoginCredentials="0"
reg.1.auth.usePinCredentials="0"

I suggest you factory restore the phone, enable LYNC base profile and sign into Lync. There is no special configuration needed to use LYNC and using whatever you configured prevents you from signing in.

The license is required when using LYNC for more than 30 days for every phone that is not a LYNC or Skype SKU.

Your Polycom reseller as outlined in my original reply will be responsible for any support you require.

In addition Polycom can offer you professional services in case you struggle with this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Ovbiously if I am asking for help here is because I am not sure what I am doing as I have not received any training.I have learned on my own by figuring out and trying things out. Also with the help of this forum and the support pages. I did noticed I have set those parameters like that but I did not see anywhere in the deployment manual to set them to something else. I will set this to 1 and see if that works. 

HP Recommended

Hello hector.farinas,

please do not misunderstand my comment but again as stated simply factory default the unit, enable Lync Base Profile, maybe enable the Web Interface and then sign into LYNC.

No other configuration is required and whatever yourself or whoever added to your configuration is simply wrong. I do not know who created this configuration but disabling both possible authentications methods is not a "normal" setting and someone must have added it to the phones configuration.

Again, your Reseller should be consulted or you can purchase Polycom professional services if you struggle to implement this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.