Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

In a recent firmware update we noticed that there is a new default sign in method on the Poly CCX600 phones in which utilizes device login in which you can use a sign utilizing code on your computer to authenticate enroll the phone into Microsoft Teams by going to microsoft.com/devicelogin.

We have attempted to use this feature on several phones and accounts all of which have been unsuccessful in signing into Microsoft Teams.  Once you enter the code in on your computer the phone begins to enroll into Company Portal, followed by it displaying a banner saying Active Directory, and then immediately comes back to the sign in page again, prompting for a new code. Signing in again with the code, repeats the cycle.

I also noticed that if you click on the Teams button (on the side of the phone) it appears that phone signed in as your phone number appears in the upper right corner, however your picture, calendar, voicemail, etc. are all missing and dialing is not functional.  You are also not able to sign out of the phone either, even when you click sign out.  The phone indicates that it signed out, but clicking the Teams button again brings you back to your phone number. Rebooting the phone and clicking the Teams button (bypassing the sign in code page) takes you back as if you are signed in already.  Only a factory reset clears this behavior.

I don't see any Interrupted or Failed sign ins in Azure AD, in-fact it all looks successful.  Is anyone else having this issue or thoughts on how to diagnose it?  Below are the software builds on the phone.

Teams Admin Agent

1.0.0.202101280722.product

Firmware

Company Portal App

OEM Agent App

Teams App
1449/1.0.94.2021033002

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Satori ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Just as a reminder, the Microsoft Teams Application is provided by our Partner Microsoft so the easiest and best way to get support is to work with our Partner Microsoft.

There are several applications working together when signing into Microsoft Teams so they control the troubleshooting side of this.

You can ask members of the Poly community for their experience with this but the support should come from Microsoft.

Please remember to update the post here once you get a reply or a solution.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Satori,

There was an authentication bug in the version of the Teams app that is installed with the 7.0.3.0228 firmware (1449/1.0.94.2021022403). I see from the version info you posted that the update resolving this issue (1449/1.0.94.2021033002) is installed, but have you ensured this is the case for all your phones, particularly the ones affected by the issue?

Another thing to check: if you have Conditional Access policies enabled in your Azure AD tenant that apply to Teams, the phones need to be enrolled with Intune and compliant with your policies. See this article for more info on that: Deploy Teams phones and Teams displays using Intune - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

HP Recommended

Hello @rgsteele1  and @Satori 

our partner Microsoft delivered to us for the 7.0.2 UC software release the 1449/1.0.94.2021022403 Microsoft Teams App APK.

Via the Microsoft TAC 1449/1.0.94.2021022403 can be upgraded to 1449/1.0.94.2021033002.

The UC Software 7.0.3 still includes 1449/1.0.94.2021022403.

There seem to be other people having the same issue as reported >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @rgsteele  and @Satori 

It seems Microsoft has fixed this from reports that I have heard in the latest 7.0.3 released today >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Do the phones still need to register with Intune once the new version is installed?  

HP Recommended

Hello @Rial_Coleman_DC_Water ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am unaware of any changes to the sign-in method and would suggest you ask this question within a Microsoft community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.