Hello and welcome to the Poly Community for Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business Forum
We’ve created this forum for you to ask questions about deploying and operating Poly voice solutions (CCX series, Poly Trio, VVX series, CX series, SoundStation IP and more) around Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Office 365 (Skype for Business Online), and Microsoft Lync environments.
NOTE: Please be aware that we have not moved answers to questions previously posted in the VoIP forum (September 2015 and earlier).
This forum is where we now post FAQs, announcements, and other information focused on Enterprise Voice features in Microsoft UC environments—cloud PBX, on-premises, or hybrid deployments.
As the title suggests, the Community Forums are open to all and driven by the Poly community: customers, resellers, distributors, and other industry activists from all over the world.
The Community Forums are NOT an official support channel, and answers or suggestions provided by other community members may not always resolve your issue.
If you need official support for your Poly product or service, please contact Poly directly through the official support channels, or contact your Certified Poly Partner => here <= for assistance.
Before posting in the community, please utilize the search function, and review the appropriate board Sticky to be sure there isn’t already a similar posted topic. If you are unable to find what you need after searching these resources, please feel free to create a new discussion on the appropriate board.
- Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
- There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender-based insults, or any other personal attacks.
- Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator.
Please choose the correct section for your problem.
- Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated.
Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once.
Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning.
If you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time.
Authors of multiple copies of the same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
- Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use email addresses in your community name. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
- Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising.
- Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
- Ensure that the VoIP FAQ => here <= or Skype for Business FAQ => here <= has been consulted.
- Ensure that you provide full details on the Software Version that is currently being used as described => here <=
- Ensure that you provide details what type of Microsoft server is being used and the version of this
- Please do not Bump your post
- Please do not reply to a post that was already marked as Solution provided
- Please use Code tags when posting logs:
- Please use the Hyperlink tag when posting an address:
- If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup
- If possible provide a => Log <=. Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
- If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
- Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving and are authorized to (in order of increasing severity)
- Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
- Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
- Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
- Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
- Ban members. The most severe punishment. Banning is reserved for very severe offences and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
Tips for Posting or Contributing to Technical Discussions
Posting technical discussions or questions on the forum can be a great way to receive community assistance. Here are some tips to help ensure you get the best possible response to your post.
- Help the community help you by including as much detail as possible about the issue, the devices involved (model, software versions, etc), how the devices are inter-connected, configuration, etc. More and clearer details enable the community to assist you better and faster.
- Always use context-sensitive forum post titles. Post a clear, relevant, appropriate title and problem description or question, try not to leave anything for interpretation or assumption.
- Add a summary (TL;DR) at the bottom of your post if it’s very long.
- Don't repost and/or re-post the same question/issue in multiple boards. Duplicate posts cause confusion and will only fragment the community support you receive. Per the community rules, duplicate posts will also be deleted.
- Help keep forum discussions from growing unnecessarily long by limiting quotes to the relevant portion of text. Reply to contribute and help the discussion progress.
- Don't threadjack. If you have a similar discussion or issue that does not fit into the current discussion, it may be best to create a new discussion.
- Don't use excessive punctuation, capitals, or the caplock key.
- If you solve your own issue/question, please follow-up and explain so the entire community may benefit.
- When posting configuration or code snippets/files, be sure to remove any sensitive data such as usernames, passwords, server addresses, Certificate keys, etc. For clarity, you may consider using "<redacted>" without quotes in place of the removed data.
- Always make backups of your configuration or data before implementing or testing suggestions from the community.
Any reported violations of the Community Rules will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the community’s Moderator or a Forum Administrator and may result in a permanent ban from the community.
Thank You for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not
reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer. ----------------
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections