Including Phone Number Speed Dial on VVX 601 using Skype for Business

wyeack
Occasional Advisor

Including Phone Number Speed Dial on VVX 601 using Skype for Business

I have a VVX 601 connected to Skype for Business.

I know that I am able to attach Skype for Business contacts as Speed Dial items in the Line Key slots, however, is there a way for me to add a reguar local contact instead?

I am running UC 5.6.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Karthik  Sivaram
Polycom Employee

Re: Including Phone Number Speed Dial on VVX 601 using Skype for Business

Hello Wyeack,

Here you go :

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Adding-a-Speed-Dial-to-the-Phone/td-p/73311

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
wyeack
Occasional Advisor

My phone uses Skype for Business - which makes it so that only Skype for Business contacts are shown on the home screen - even when I add a local contact and say that it is a favorite, it does not seem to add it to the home screen.

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Wyeack,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you using flexible line keys by any chance ?

I believe you can simply dial the number on the phone when assigning the key and store it. It will show the number but no name for it.

Otherwise simply dial a number via the Skype for Business Client and then store it as a favorite.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓ SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 4 of 5
wyeack
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Yea - I saw that I can save numbers called from the phone - but not having a name associated is definitely a problem.

I have not been able to get your second suggestion to work. When you save an outgoing number that you called in Skype for Business it creates a fake email address associated with the contact (i,e, 1-555-530-0964@mediaedge2a.online.lync.com).  Then, if I try to call that number from my phone, it tries to call the Email Address as if it were a Skype for Business member (instead of just a phone).  So this obviously won't work.

There has to be another way around this - when you use this phone on a regular server, it seems pretty straightforward to do.

Message 5 of 5