Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 601 connected to Skype for Business.

I know that I am able to attach Skype for Business contacts as Speed Dial items in the Line Key slots, however, is there a way for me to add a reguar local contact instead?

I am running UC 5.6.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hello Wyeack,

Here you go :

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Adding-a-Speed-Dial-to-the-Phone/td-p/73311

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram
HP Recommended

My phone uses Skype for Business - which makes it so that only Skype for Business contacts are shown on the home screen - even when I add a local contact and say that it is a favorite, it does not seem to add it to the home screen.

HP Recommended

Hello Wyeack,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you using flexible line keys by any chance ?

I believe you can simply dial the number on the phone when assigning the key and store it. It will show the number but no name for it.

Otherwise simply dial a number via the Skype for Business Client and then store it as a favorite.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Yea - I saw that I can save numbers called from the phone - but not having a name associated is definitely a problem.

I have not been able to get your second suggestion to work. When you save an outgoing number that you called in Skype for Business it creates a fake email address associated with the contact (i,e, 1-555-530-0964@mediaedge2a.online.lync.com).  Then, if I try to call that number from my phone, it tries to call the Email Address as if it were a Skype for Business member (instead of just a phone).  So this obviously won't work.

There has to be another way around this - when you use this phone on a regular server, it seems pretty straightforward to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.