Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We use a Poly RPRM to provision our phones,

They are running the firmware versionx  6.2.23.0304 - 7.1.x

We renewed the expiring RPRM certificate with the Intermediate DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1 (serial 06d8d904d5584346f68a2fa754227ec4) signed by the DigiCert Global Root CA (serial 083be056904246b1 a1756ac95991c74a).

And now the phones stopped trusting the SubCA and are unable to upload logs and download the configurations.

The current workaround is to manual access the phone WebUI and upload the SubCA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @LRamos ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so it was moved here. 

Do you use a DHCP option to point the phones to RPRM?

If yes simply change this to HTTP instead and reboot the phones. Once the new CFG is loaded reboot the phone after changing the DHCP option back to HTTPS.

If this fails look at the REST API and push the changed cert via that

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a REST API?

Resolution: Please => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting the post out of the SPAM filter 🙂

All was in great shape and cool plug-and-use.

DHCP options on all locations, RPMR providing the configurations... until the day I renewed the certificate  and this new intermediate CA trashed my day.

Now we cannot factory reset a phone or it will not be able to connect to the RPRM (HTTP is out of the question for this customer CISO)

I have support for the phones, so I opened a case.

HP Recommended

The most weird fix of all time.

After replacing the RPRM to the new certificate (provided by a new Intermediate CA from Digicert) the phones were not able to download the configurations and upload logs to the RPRM. The logs showed clearly a 'CA not trusted' and only worked if I manually add the Intermediate CA to the Phone.

I just uploaded the Intermediate CA that issue the old certificate to the RPRM and now the phones can connect to the RPRM and the logs show that they Trust the certificate issued by the new Intermediate CA....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.