Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom

I have an issue going on in Netherlands

we recently migrated from Skype for Business to Teams, and we are using Polycom VVX 300 in our Warehouse there.

The people are used to type 0 and the number they want to call, for example: 0683984367
but, once we do that from the VVX 300 it's adding +1 instead of +31 what should be the correct country code for this number

if we type two times 0 it works, or if we don't type 0 at the beginning also works.

However this was not a solution accepted by the management do the fact we will need to educate a lot of people.

from Teams app it works perfect, if we type 0 at the beginning, it translates to +31 instead of +1

how we can make this work for Polycom where adding a single 0 will translate to +31?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I found this

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Unable-to-Dial-number-if-Off-Hook-or-on-2nd-Cal...

but not sure how I should place this to the digimap

if I want to add R0RRxxxxxxxxx

do I need to put a string first? or do I need to put "R0RRxxxxxxxxx" 

HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

When using the phone in Skype for Business mode the Skype for Business server usually controls the digitmap. You should check this on the Microsoft end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

I don't think that Microsoft will handle that, since when we are calling from Teams app the calls happen as it should, so if I dial 0683984367 the translation is happening accordingly and calling to+31683984367

only when we do it on a VVX phone, it's adding +1 when we start the number with a 0

so I assume if I add a digimap on the phone I could have a workaround for this case

Thanks

HP Recommended

some samples:

Case 1:

Phone +31418657247 /10.72.89.26

When I call a number for example 0683984367 it automatically adds +1 (+10683984367)

This is the net number for US, in the Netherlands we have +31 and when you dial a number it should be +31683984367

Case 2:

Phone +31418657250 / 10.72.89.54

When I call a number for example 0683984367 it automatically adds +1 (+10683984367)

This is the net number for US, in the Netherlands we have +31 and when you dial a number it should be +31683984367

HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro ,

The device subscribes to the Skype for Business server and this receives the digitmap from Skype. On the Skype end, you can modify the regular expressions required for you to dial the numbers.

As you already confirmed the phone automatically adds the +1. There is no digitmap on the phone as you can most likely check. You will need to do this with Microsoft.

if this fails, and no other volunteer has any more ideas, please get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Rodrigo, 

Did you manage to find a fix for this? 

Regards,

Khush

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.