Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Polycom Community,

I am trying to customize the Polycom VVX 600 interface of the physical phone. I was wondering if the following modifications are possible:

1. On the "main screen" of the phone all the favourite contacts are displayed. When the home button is pressed then another screen is displayed e.g New Call, Messages, Directories, Search etc. but after a certain amount of time the phone goes back to the "main screen" where all the favourite contacts are displayed. Is it possible to stick only with the second screen and eliminate somehow the "main screen" or the timeout value that switches the phone to the "main screen"?
2. Is it possible to remove certain icons from the second screen e.g DND, Forward icon etc. to make it more simple?
3. The calendar icon is not displayed on the second screen? On the internet I have seen Polycom VVX 600 phones with a calendar icon. How to force the phone so that it is displayed?

Any other possible ways (with instructions) to customize the look-and-feel of the Polycom VVX 600 interface of the physical phone will be greatly appreciated.

I am sure that answers to such questions will help other members of the Polycom Community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello DIMI24,

Simply set this:

up.idleTimeout="1"

And it will return after 1 second back to this screen. The time cannot be 0

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello DIMI24,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition:

1. Yes simply add
    <test up.idleStateView="1" />
  2. Yes simply follow this

Aug 19, 2015 Question:Can I customize the Home Screen?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

3. Yes you just need to populate the Settings > Applications > Exchange Applications if not using LYNC / Skype for Business.
    see => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Steffen, the UC Software Version I am using is 5.5.0.20556.

I am providing you with some feedback after making a few tests:

1. I added the setting you recommended but I still need to press the home button once for the phone to change to the screen I want. With the setting you suggested the timeout is eliminated. Is there a possibility to force the phone to start with the screen with the icons displayed e.g New Call, Messages, Directories, Search etc. If the phone locks or if I lift up the receiver the phone goes back to the screen where the favourite contacts are displayed. I would like the phone to go to the screen with the icons and only when I press the home button the phone to go to the screen with the favourite contacts. Is this switch possible?

I believe the screen with the icons is more simple and more functional than the screen with the favourite contacts. I want the user to see this screen first.

2. Thank you, I was able to remove a few unwanted icons on the screen following the instructions you sent. When I press the settings icon I get options like "Basic", "Advanced", "Features" and "Status". I know that "Advanced" is locked with an administrator password, but is it possible to hide some options from "Basic" or "Status" so that users don't play around with these settings?

3. The calendar icon appeared by signing in with the "User ID" option on the phone and not with the "PIN" option. That is okay, one less issue to worry about. The domain field was not necessary to be filled in and it worked.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated regarding these issues. Thank you for your help so far!

HP Recommended

Hello DIMI24,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

1. Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

You are using an unsupported Software so please downgrade to 5.4.5 instead and test again

2. Aug 13, 2015 Question:Can access to the Phones Basic settings menu be restricted?

Resolution: UC Software 5.4.0 added the new up.basicSettingsPasswordEnabled="1" Parameter to prompt for a Password.

3. Pin & Extension cannot synchronize with Exchange and this is the same for the CX Phones so this is working as designed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for informing me about the firmware Steffen. I have downgraded to UC Software Version 5.4.5.6770 but, unfortunately, whenever I lift the receiver and put it back the phone goes back to the screen with the favourite contacts. Is there any way to change this behaviour? It would be ideal if the phone goes back to the screen with the icons. You have been a tremendous help!

HP Recommended

Hello DIMI24,

Simply set this:

up.idleTimeout="1"

And it will return after 1 second back to this screen. The time cannot be 0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen but if I set up.idleTimeout="1" then the user will only have 1 second to perform any function on the phone e.g finding a contact because always the phone will be going back to the screen with the icons after 1 second. This instruction solves one issue but creates a brand new one.

I have set this Timeout to 10 seconds so that the user has enough time to perform any operations before going back to the screen with the icons.

Unfortunately, whenever I lift the receiver and put it back the phone goes back to the screen with the favourite contacts instead of the screen with the icons. I need to wait 10 seconds for the phone to go back to the screen with the icons. Is there any way to change this so that the phone goes instantly to the screen with the icons without changing the timeout value?

As you see I am trying to customize the interface of the Polycom VVX 600 so that it is as simple as possible for the users. One other question which I believe is more simple: on the screen with the favourite contacts, the users have to press the "more" button to get the "Sign out" button. Is it possible to change the order of these buttons so that the users don't need to press the "more" button to get to the "Sign out" button?

Any other possible ways (with instructions) to customize the look-and-feel of the Polycom VVX 600 interface of the physical phone will be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello DIMI24,

I think I have exhausted the help I can give you via a community and in addition you may want to raise this as a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.