Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are starting to work with Lens and trying to get our Trios that are in Skype mode to work with it. If I factory reset the device and enable the web interface, I can set the Lens provisioning server settings in the web interface and manage it from Lens. But as soon as I log the device into Skype / Teams 3PIP the Type, User, and Password provisioning settings go back to default. Trying to set them again in the web admin seems to take, but it doesn't seem to write to the config as they go back to default after a reboot. Latest firmware that support Skype, 5.9.5AB. I have factory reset it several times while troubleshooting. Does the Skype profile not support custom provisioning settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rob L. 

Skype for Business uses in-band provisioning to send a handful of parameters that the Poly CCX, Trio and VVX will use when in 3PIP (Skype for Business) mode, these are sent whenever a device signs in.  Provisioning server is actually in the collection of parameters and the default value from Microsoft is FTP with no server, username, or password.

Since you are using Lens you can in fact configure your device to ignore the inband provisioning of parameters.  

If you policy is specifying Skype for Business (for the Model or Device) for the Base Profile/Provider, then you'll find these Skype settings under Servers > Skype for Business.  If you don't have Skype selected, then the conditional policy will not show these settings to you.

Once you are in this menu, toggle 'Skype In-band Provisioning' to off and that will keep a device from looking at these settings.

I also recommend that you turn off the 'In-Band Software' on that page as well.  Do that by just put in a '0' which disables the software updates from the Microsoft Service and then the device will only look to Lens at that point

Doing those two steps above will keep your device from pulling down those empty settings and losing it's connection to Lens.

You can also alternatively either fill in those values on the Microsoft side so that what they send matches to the Lens Service for your account, or just completely disable it.  I believe I had that process documented in the tech bulletin linked in the  sources Steffen mentions above.  That would all be done via powershell as there is no UX in Microsoft Interfaces controlling these setting. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Rob L. ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue:

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: For Skype for Busines please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

or

Jul 31, 2017 Question: How can I prevent a Poly VVX Phone or a Poly Trio to accept some settings automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@Rob L. 

Skype for Business uses in-band provisioning to send a handful of parameters that the Poly CCX, Trio and VVX will use when in 3PIP (Skype for Business) mode, these are sent whenever a device signs in.  Provisioning server is actually in the collection of parameters and the default value from Microsoft is FTP with no server, username, or password.

Since you are using Lens you can in fact configure your device to ignore the inband provisioning of parameters.  

If you policy is specifying Skype for Business (for the Model or Device) for the Base Profile/Provider, then you'll find these Skype settings under Servers > Skype for Business.  If you don't have Skype selected, then the conditional policy will not show these settings to you.

Once you are in this menu, toggle 'Skype In-band Provisioning' to off and that will keep a device from looking at these settings.

I also recommend that you turn off the 'In-Band Software' on that page as well.  Do that by just put in a '0' which disables the software updates from the Microsoft Service and then the device will only look to Lens at that point

Doing those two steps above will keep your device from pulling down those empty settings and losing it's connection to Lens.

You can also alternatively either fill in those values on the Microsoft side so that what they send matches to the Lens Service for your account, or just completely disable it.  I believe I had that process documented in the tech bulletin linked in the  sources Steffen mentions above.  That would all be done via powershell as there is no UX in Microsoft Interfaces controlling these setting. 

HP Recommended

What is the best way to apply Lens provisioning settings. It seems DHCP can't set the user and password. Should we use those Skype In-band Provisioning settings and adjust them for Lens? Do those Skype In-band Provisioning settings also apply to the Teams profile?

If turning off In-Band Software it would seem we need to be careful applying the latest update as it appears sometimes Poly releases newer versions that aren't support on Skype or Teams yet. Such as 7.0.0 for the Trio right now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.