Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Equipment

Ploycom Trio 8800 w/ VisualPro

Software Versions

Trios - 5.9.0.11421

Updater Signature - Release

VisualPro - 6.2.2-580140

All of a sudden, after a few weeks of working, my custom background image disappeared from my Trio 8800 and Visual Pro. I have a second room setup with a Trio 8800 and Visual+, and they are identical in every way, yet the Visual+ custom background works, and my Visual Pro background setup is not working.

When I check the log, I see this now, and please keep in mind, I did not make any adjustments that would have made this stop working, other than futzing around with the Video/Audio input in the web interface of the Visual Pro:

1009075910|nisvc|2|00|Request(-1)nisvc,(889)NIResolveReqMsgKey,(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(30000,25,1570622350,0)IndicationLevel:(200)
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|PacA:PacContent:Src,Status,Contentlen,Expiry = WPADKey(,0x4),400,0,(0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0)ProxyData:UserName Valid,Password Valid,nAddrs:0, Type/Address:
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|Invoker's nCommands,CurrentKey:2,(103)ProxyResolve
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|PacF:PacContent:Src,Status,Contentlen,Expiry = WPADKey(,0x4),400,0,(0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0)ProxyData:UserName Invalid,Password Invalid,nAddrs:0, Type/Address:
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|ProxyResolve-PD:ProxyData:UserName Valid,Password Valid,nAddrs:1, Type/Address:(0/),
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|Invoker's nCommands,CurrentKey:2,(106)Responder
1009075910|nisvc|2|00|Response(-1)nisvc,(-1),(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,25,1570622350,1)IndicationCode:(200) Success
1009075910|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.
1009075910|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/-/media/images/lancaster%20general/images/general/pm_lgh_cmyk_polycomposter.jpg, errno 0x2.
1009075910|app1 |4|00|Background retrieve failed: (https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/-/media/images/lancaster%20general/images/general/pm_lgh_cmyk_polycomposter.jpg): File find error.
1009075910|so |1|00|[SoStreamC]: Ice disabled for stream:0x4b542e0
1009075911|so |1|00|soStream: RTCP receiver report received from SSRC 0xdb9e1301:
1009075911|so |1|00|soStream: SDES SSRC 0xdb9e1301 cname = Polycom - Trio VisPro
1009075911|so |1|00|soStream: RTCP sender report received from SSRC 0xee7b4f01:
1009075911|so |1|00|soStream: SDES SSRC 0xee7b4f01 cname = Polycom - Trio VisPro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's something on our servers blocking the image. We had tried another server, and the image is working fine.

We will keep investigating on our end.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you. I saw that link before submitting this post. I have never gotten the certs to work correctly on the phone.

The only CA I have in the trio is our company's root, and I don't even know how it go there. I never installed it myself. I asked the Exchange engineer who helped set up the accounts, and he said he doesn't know either, and that maybe the phone grabbed it automatically while setting up the phone on our network.

I had our security engineer create the certs in the correct format, but they never download to the phone. I always get an error message, which I believe I posted in here about.

What's more, my other trio is set up exactly the same, and the background image works on that. So I am really at a loss on what's going on.

I did ask the security engineer about the digicert, and he said our root contains all that information already.

HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A  and @mshu1 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Lowering the CURL logging level as shown in the KNOVA post would show if you hit a Certificate issue.

Based on your original statement this only happens on the VisualPro and not Visual+

Do you use RPRM ?

The other certificate you talk about, you have not attached a backup to verify this

, is most likely the Skype for Business cert which comes automatically via LDAP.

This is based on an assumption as we do not have the details.

If you are interested to troubleshoot this please escalate.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, Steffen.

I do not us RPDM, as we are only piloting these two phones right now. And that is correct, this only is affecting the Trio 8800 on the Trio Pro.  The Trio+ works just fine. Whether it matters or not,  below is the log with the updated CURL settings, and I was not able to attach a backup on this forum.

1009105428|curl |3|00|Connected to www.lancastergeneralhealth.org (170.212.0.134) port 443 (#0)
1009105428|curl |3|00|successfully set certificate verify locations:
1009105428|curl |3|00| CAfile: /data/polycom/ffs0/ca1.crt
CApath: none
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv3, TLS Unknown, Unknown (22):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv2, Unknown (22):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv2, Unknown (21):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSLv3, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
1009105428|curl |3|00|SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
1009105428|curl |3|00|Closing connection #0
1009105428|curl |3|00|Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
1009105428|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.
1009105428|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/-/media/images/lancaster%20general/images/general/pm_lgh_cmyk_polycomposter.jpg, errno 0x2.
1009105428|app1 |4|00|Background retrieve failed: (https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/-/media/images/lancaster%20general/images/general/pm_lgh_cmyk_polycomposter.jpg): File find error.
HP Recommended

I also found these settings in the Visual Pro profile. Anything to note?

v:system.pki.certificates.certvalidationclientapps:"False"
v:system.pki.certificates.certvalidationweb:"False"
v:system.pki.certificates.sslverificationdepth:"2"
v:system.pki.revocation.ocspenabled:"False"
v:system.pki.revocation.ocspoverride:"False"
v:system.pki.revocation.ocspresponder:""
v:system.pki.scep.autorenewalthresholdtype:"Days"
v:system.pki.scep.caprofile:""
v:system.pki.scep.certificateexpirytime:"0"
v:system.pki.scep.certificateinstalltime:"0"
v:system.pki.scep.certificatethresholddays:"7"
v:system.pki.scep.csr.country:"United States"
v:system.pki.scep.enabled:"False"
v:system.pki.scep.enrollretryinterval:"5"
v:system.pki.scep.renewalretryinterval:"2"
v:system.pki.scep.scepchallengepwchanged:"False"
v:system.pki.scep.serverurl:""
HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A ,

This would need to come into support. It works on one device and not the other. The solution may be a certificate added but you should not have to do this.

Once your reseller opened the SR with Poly please post this or provide me with the MAC of the device so I can tell you who to contact.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Good morning, Steffen.

I spoke with the reseller, and they forwarded it to Polycom. Here is the SR number:

PLCM SR 1-14195033751

Thank you.

Kevin

HP Recommended
Steffen, I see you are the one handling my case with my vendor. I just forwarded my vendor some additional information: I just spoke with one of our security engineers after he had looked at the error messages in the logs. Based on the log files, it showed SSL V2 & V3 being used, but on our end, those have been deprecated. We are only using TLS V1.2. With that being said, how would I go about enabling only TLS 1.2 on the Trio 8800s. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A ,

Yep, that was me in my day job.

From our FAQ:

Sep 6, 2017 Question:Can you change the minimum required TLS Version on a Poly Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.