Create SoftKey for Favorite Contacts

wyeack
Occasional Advisor

Create SoftKey for Favorite Contacts

Hi There,

Using a VVX 601 with Skype for Business on UC 5.6, what configuration lines should I use to create a SoftKey that opens my Favorite Contacts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Karthik  Sivaram
Polycom Employee

Re: Create SoftKey for Favorite Contacts

Hello Wyeack,

Add Contacts

Add your Skype for Business
contacts to a Contacts list on your phone.

To add contacts to your phone:
1 Press Contacts > Add

2 Enter your contact’s email address and press
Submit

View Contacts’ Information

In the contact card, you can view a contact’s
name, presence status, organization, work
number, mobile number, and voicemail
To view the contact card:
»
Press
Contacts select a contact and press Info.

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/Voice/business_media_phones/user/en...

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
wyeack
Occasional Advisor

Hi There,

I am looking to add a button on the "Home Screen" that opens up my favorite contacts directly.  Currently I am able to add a button that opens up "Directories" which, in turn, has a button for favorite contacts, but I'm not sure how I can add a button to open up my favorite contacts specifically.

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Wyeack,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ explains all the known EFK actions. If there is no direct softkey for it you should try the sequence of keys instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
wyeack
Occasional Advisor

i went here:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/FAQ-Skype-for-Business-frequently-asked-questions...

And searched for "EFK" and got nothing.

Am I able to do a "sequence of keys" even though part of the interaction is on the touchscreen?

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello

There is a normal FAQ as outlined in my signature

Replied via a mobile device
----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 6 of 6