Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having very inconsistent results getting this to work. The phone is using UC Software version 6.2.0.4023. Below if the configuration file I am using with sensitive info obfuscated. The app.log file is attached. This seems to work about 1 in 10 times. Other times it doesn't work and I do not see any relevant errors in the log file. The other settings in the configuration file are getting applied properly, so I am confident the phone is reading the file. What am I missing?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Looks like my image did not come through. The image file is attached.

HP Recommended

Hello @Dennis Ervin ,

Welcome back to the Poly community. In regards to your picture this is correct and outlined in the  Community Guidelines and Terms of Use > here <

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them >here< are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently.

Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback. 

For your new issue is there a specific reason you are trying an unsupported version? We only support the latest software aka 6.4.1 or 6.4.0. If you need to stay on 6.2.x use 6.2.1

In addition, we virtually know nothing about the SCEP server and the logs show nothing as they have not got the right logging set.

Your config also contains an invalid parameter or way of substituting the devices mac address as this only works for the master configuration file as outlined => here <=

Our FAQ contains:

Nov 13, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support SCEP?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above should help you to get this working and has a link to a Poly Employee's blog explaining this in detail.

Other volunteers are welcome to comment but official support can only be provided via the well-outlined methods.

As the unit is out of warranty please work with ScanSource USA who sold this back in 5/23/2019. They can raise a PPI ticket with Poly support for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Your comment that substitution strings are supported only in the master configuration file does not seem to be accurate. From the link you provided;

Since SIP 2.1.2 Polycom has introduced substitution strings that can be used when provisioning Polycom Phones via a server using either the 000000000000.cfg or a individual <mac>.cfg.

I am using an individual mac cfg file, so, according to the link, this should work.

What logging do I need for the SCEP then? I have the SCEP module logging set to debug on the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @Dennis Ervin ,

I specifically asked for your other post not to be marked as solved and not providing some form of feedback explaining what was wrong in your approach to make it fail.

To your new issue, the FAQ shared explains you can only use the substitution in the master configuration file. You cannot use it with any files that are loaded via the config_file section meaning inside these the parameters will not work.

Your CFG has:

This will just send:

1119075646|scep |2|00|Subject of the request: /C=UK/ST=Middlesex/L=HYD/O=Administrator@sbaierhome.lab/OU=VOICE/CN=[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].sbaierhome.lab

The above example is from my lab.

As the phone should reboot if this works I would use the logs from the server instead of the Web UI as these are overwritten. If that is not working use Syslog.

Other volunteers can reply but if you need support it would be down the PPI road as the phone in question is out of warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there anyway to configure these configuration settings on the 000000000000.cfg file itself so that we can take advantage of the automatic replacement of the [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS] so that we can give SCEP certificates unique names per device?

If I could get the following two settings to be read from the 000000000000.cfg file that would resolve my issue, and perhaps Dennis's as well?

SCEP.csr.commonName="[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]"
device.net.dot1x.identity="[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]" device.net.dot1x.identity.set="1"

It is unfortunate Poly didn't understand that SCEP is useless if you can't automate it.

HP Recommended

Hello @SPC_PolyUser ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You can do it when using Poly RPRM to provision the devices. Simply use the new URL <ip_or_FQDN>/ucservice/ instead of the "old" <ip_or_FQDN>/phoneservice/configfiles and using the RPRM interface you can then use ${device_name}

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @Dennis Ervin ,

Any luck yet with providing the requested details or did you get this finally working?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.