Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are a windows shop, using Skype for business with BToE. Our Polycom's are VVX 411's.  We suddenly have a rash of computers losing connection to network and phones. We have updated the BToE to 3.8 and the Polycom firmware to the 5.8.0.12848. However, this doesn't seem to be working. We are having to put in a switch and power injector at each station and provide network and phone separately. I have had to do this at 5 stations already. Is there a fix? Is there a Microsoft Update that is causing this? 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @cshane,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have not had any similar reports so I suggest you enable the logs to be a bit bigger and once you replicate the issue escalate this into a support ticket.

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > 1000

Once it happens:

• Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > Log File Type > App > Export

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
The company that was our reseller no longer has a relationship. We are all by ourselves trying to deal with this. In fact, to buy new polycom phones we have had to buy through Amazon. We have maybe 130 vvx 411, 5 treo, and a few orhers. How can I open a ticket without a reseller?
HP Recommended

Hello @cshane,

If your latest phones come via Amazon simply post the MAC of the phone so I can lookup who can support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen, 

Here is a list of MAC addresses that are reporting the same issue.

I suspect that we have more.

Melea: 64:16:7f:0e:83:de

Chelsea: 64:16:7f:17:a8:4e

Lauren: 64:16:7f:17:95:5b

Victoria: 64:16:7f:17:aa:b0

Marquis: 64:16:7f:0e:80:16

Chris: 64:16:7f:17:a9:99

Corey: 64:16:7f:0e:8a:ad

HP Recommended

Hello @cshane,

64167f0e83de SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS 26/12/2016
64167f17a84e Westcon-Comstor Americas 14/05/2017
64167f17955b Westcon-Comstor Americas 14/05/2017
64167f17aab0 Westcon-Comstor Americas 14/05/2017
64167f0e8016 SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS 26/12/2016
64167f17a999 Westcon-Comstor Americas 14/05/2017
64167f0e8aad SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS 26/12/2016

I recommend to contact Westcon-Comstor Americas as the dates shown is usually when we ship to them so we add usually a 3 month grace period so they are just about in warranty.

They are also able to open the PPI ticket in case they are classed out of warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

I believe we have discovered our issue.

We started using the Polycom BToE version 3.8.0 which only work with Polycom Phone Firmware 5.8.0.12848. Unfortunately, Microsoft has not approved the 5.8.0.12848 and our phones are automatically rebooting and rolling back to 5.7.0.14430. Firmware 5.7.0.14430 does not work with BToE 3.8.0. In addition, there seems to be some sort of automatic updater that is causing all of the phones to update to 5.7.0.14430. We have people on BToE 3.5.0 or lower, which doesn't work with Firmware 5.7.0.14430. So we are getting hit on two fronts, the auto-update to 5.7.0.14430 and the forced rollback to 5.7.0.14430 and not having the correct BToE.

This would have been good information to have here in your forums, along with the way to disable the automatic updates (like how this article describes:

http://blog.schertz.name/2016/07/device-updates-with-skype-for-business-online/). Or an ETA on when 5.8.0.12848 will be approved by Microsoft. Or that older versions of BToE will not work with the latest approved and forced firmware.

Thanks, 
Chris

HP Recommended

And also for the chain, here is the link for accessing the sfb for global adjustments.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/powershell/manage-skype-for-business-online-wi...

For changing EnableDeviceUpdate from $True to $False. Also ones we made were EnableBetterTogetherOverEthernet from the default of $False to $True. Along with BetterTogetherOverEthernetPairingMode from Manual to Auto.

HP Recommended
From the Skype for Business FAQ

Aug 01, 2017 Question:Why am I unable to activate BToE using a VVX phone and Skype for Business Online?
Resolution: Some parameters are provisioned via Skype for Business online as explained in this post => here <=

Jan 16, 2018 Question:Why does Skype for Business online upgrade / downgrade a Polycom phone software?
Resolution:This can be disabled as shown =&gt; here &lt;=

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.