Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a few VVX500 and VVX600 in a cloud-only Skype for Business installation. They upgraded by themselves to firmware 5.5.2.8571 a few months ago. 

Ever since this happens, users on E5 plans (including myself) complain about the phones logging them out a few times per week. I have a couple of conference room phones (VVX500) that are on a Skype for Business Online plan with PSTN domestic calling and Cloud PBX. They also upgraded themselves, but they never get logged out. 

This version of the firmware added web login option, which works and is quicker than typing in a password on the phone.

But as it turns out, the Web login is the only login option that works now. App passwords don't work, and my Office 365 password does not work (neither on the phone nor in BToE).

Has something else changed?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello cdonner,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Posting some sort of log may enable us to look into this.

If this is an issue you are unable to resolve yourself please open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you, SteffenBaierUK. I suspect a DNS issue and will continue to investigate myself.

The attached log is from an attempted signin via the phone's web interface. It tries for about 5 minutes then fails.

HP Recommended

Hello cdonner,

Please be aware that the VVX600 you are using, aka 0004f262f278, is not a LYNC or Skype for Business SKU and therefore requires you to purchase an individual License as outlined => here <=

This is required for all phones that do not use the -018 or -019 SKU and please ensure you have the relevant licenses covering your installation.

In regards to your issue I can see:

0620182836|AuthS|2|00|Policy Dest:(201)AuthServicePolicyServiceKey:(106)AuthServiceOAuthMsgKey:(206)AuthSvcAOServiceReplyKey
Caller Service(145)AuthServiceCallerSnooper:IndicationCode(400)Failed to Get oAuth Token

and also 

0620182836|AuthS|4|00|[printNIResponse]:[1552] HttpResponse[{"error":"interaction_required","error_description":"AADSTS50076: Due to a configuration
change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access '00000004-0000-0ff1-
ce00-000000000000'.\r\nTrace ID: fb5db833-4a27-4936-8d3e-34f323733100\r\nCorrelation ID: 5b6aca1f-fcfb-4f57-b4ec-7a26cce226af\r\nTimestamp: 2017-06-
20 22:28:37Z","er]

and

0620182334|sip |4|00|SSL_get_error Error code=5,rc(0)

Some of the logging levels suggested had not been applied so we cannot see any details.

I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller and ensure you have proof of purchase for the phones in use for the individual licenses.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have seen these error messages but don't know how to interpret them. We have been using 2-factor authentication for over a year. I used to be able to use app passwords on the phones or any other devices where 2-factor auth was not available. App passwords do not work anymore, at least not with my account.

I would be more than happy to purchase these licenses, but I have not found a way to do that. The link in your message recommends to get them "from the reseller where you purchased the phones". I purchased the phones used from a business that tried SfB and decided to use something else.

Also, since yesterday the web login stopped working, so I cannot log into my phone at all. Very frustrating. I am using the SfB app on my mobile phone in the meantime, which is probably a better choice in the long run anyway, given the amount of attention that the Polycom phones have been requiring since day 1.

HP Recommended

Hello cdonner,

You can purchase a license from any Polycom reseller so that should not be an issue.

The Phone itself or all of them where purchased back in 16/04/2014 so they are out of warranty so all you can do is call Polycom support and pay PPI / Pay per Incident.

Please ensure when you call to have the relevant licenses in place or we refuse support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Purchasing a license is a MAJOR issue. I spent just 2 hours searching and trying and I am at the same place where I was this morning. After waiting 90 minutes for a chat session with a sales person at CDW, the only online retailer that I found on your reseller/partner search page, the sales person offered to open a ticket with Polycom because she could not answer my question if  5150-49252-001 is the right part number. At this point I quit for today, because I have work to do. 

Regarding my login issues, do you think that it might be worth a try to find help on the Polycom Support Community Forum, prior to going the paid support route?

HP Recommended

Hello cdonner,

Official Polycom Partners can be found => here <=

A simple search engine search finds these results => here <=

You will need the relevant amount of licenses to match the number of phones you have.

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

I exhausted all free support options via the community but you can wait for other people to respond.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.