Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

I understand that I will need to likely contact my Poly reseller / Microsoft for some of these issues, however I just want to reach out to the community to see if this is common the past few days.

We've seen a significant increase in phone issues after installing Firmware 7.2.1.1971 with Teams App 1449/1.0.94.2022041102. Both were completed via the Teams Phone Device interface in the admin center. Are there any known issues with these versions? Are they compatible with one another? 

Complaints include;

1. Calls will not pick up, immediately show call ended but continues ringing other users in queue. Multiple users will have issues picking up said call.
  2. Active call will occasionally go to speakerphone when a call on another phone
  3. Active call will ring in the persons ear as a second call is coming in. 
  4. Outbound calls are not connecting. 

For #2 - we had this issue on a prior release of Teams/Poly Firmware that was resolved, but appears to have returned. 

These issues are unique to the Poly CCX500 phones we are using. Other Teams desk phones in the offices are not exhibiting these issues. 

We believe 7.1.4.0200 was more stable for us. Is Teams App 1449/1.0.94.2022041102 compatible with this version? Is there a document I can reference for compatibility between Firmware and Teams App versions, as I am starting to distrust the Teams admin interface for device updates. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @jb- ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so it was moved here.

To release this one of us volunteers has to check this as this is an automatic process of the community software used to host this board. There is no need to raise this as abuse as this is a manual job one of the volunteers has to do

For your actual issue, I suggest you contact our Partner Microsoft initially. They can check the logs of their Applications running on our phones. We cannot really compare this with other Manufacturer's phones as there are minor differences in the hardware used. Therefore the Microsoft App may show an issue on one hardware platform and not on another or the other way round.

You can also open a ticket with Poly directly, but our Partner Microsoft will most likely need to get involved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You described exactly the same thing we are experiencing... using TAC for latest updates (Firmware 7.2.1.1971 with Teams App 1449/1.0.94.2022041102) and having the same issues.  Makes me also question compatibility.  Since we cannot downgrade firmware via TAC, I'm going to use the Web User Interface to go back to an earlier version and see if that helps.  Please post anything you find.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.