Logo

CCX Software 7.3.1

SOLVED
rgsteele
Trusted Contributor

CCX Software 7.3.1

I see that firmware version 7.3.1 for the Poly CCX phones is now available for deployment from the Teams Admin Center. In the release notes the only change listed is "Microsoft Teams version rollback to 2022 update 1C".

Does anyone know exactly what this means? Is it referring to the version of the Microsoft Teams app itself? If so, does that mean we should avoid upgrading the Teams app to the latest version after installing that firmware?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CCX Software 7.3.1

Hello @rgsteele ,

to my personal knowledge, the App provided by our partner Microsoft was rolled back as we had reports of the later app crashing.

This overlapped with the delivery of the latest 1449/1.0.96.2022062103 Update 3A

If you require an official answer I recommend opening a support ticket as I am just a volunteer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @rgsteele ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

It simply means that the Poly UC Software 7.3.1 contains the Microsoft Teams APK 1449/1.0.96.2022022305 as explained >here<

The linked post also explains that via the Teams Admin Center you can upgrade the Teams APK to 1449/1.0.96.2022062103 Update 3A or later depending on what is hosted when finding this comment in the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 4
rgsteele
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Steffen. It would be helpful if the release notes used nomenclature which is understandable to folks outside Poly. If you could pass this feedback along to whomever maintains this document, it would be greatly appreciated.

This still doesn't answer my question as to why the Teams app was rolled back to this specific version, but I guess that will have to remain a mystery.

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @rgsteele ,

to my personal knowledge, the App provided by our partner Microsoft was rolled back as we had reports of the later app crashing.

This overlapped with the delivery of the latest 1449/1.0.96.2022062103 Update 3A

If you require an official answer I recommend opening a support ticket as I am just a volunteer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 4