Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
  • Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
    • CCX400, CCX 500 (Log Provided)
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP, Skype for Business, Lync)
    • Microsoft Teams, PDMS-E
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question
    •  Awaiting onsite user to provide
  • If possible provide a => Log <= and either attache them or use the => Code Tag <=. Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
    • See attached log
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
    • 64167FE1E4CC
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Issue: Polycom Phones are not connecting to PDMS-E for provisioning, phones are instead reaching directly out to the MS Teams Sign In and never show up in PDMS unless the provisioning server is manually assigned.

Steps taken:

• Ensured the SSL CA chain was valid
  • Verified that DHCP 161 and 60 is set to the Enterprise Sites Provisioning Download Path
  • Verified DNS records are valid
  • Factory Reset the phone, this causes phones to reach out directly to the MS Teams Admin Center
  • Manually entered PDMS Provisioning information on the CCX500, this allowed phones to show up within PDMS, but I would like to find an alternative solution

Desired Result: CCX400 and CCX500 Phones to be managed in both Polycom PDMS-E as well as Microsoft Teams Admin Center.

Let me know if there is anything else that I need to provide.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @segreen ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If you want the phone to communicate with PDMS-E you need the following parameter:

<web prov.startupCheck.enabled="1"/>

Simply download the attached, unzip and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK ,

Thank you for your reply, testing results are below:

Test Steps

1. Imported the provided configuration via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration
  2. Ensured that logging file size was set to the maximum setting
  3. Cleared the logs
  4. Reset the phone
  5. Waited 10 mins
  6. Pulled the phone logs
  7. Observed PDMS for any changes to the device

Results: Phone is not showing online within PDMS, Phone is showing online in MS Teams Admin Center

Thank you for your help, unfortunately, I am unable to obtain good results with this configuration. I have attached the logs from the test. Please advise any next steps that I can try in an effort to resolve my issue.

Thank you for your time,
SeGreen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.