Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Right out the box, the CCX 500 grabs an IP from DHCP, (should have internet access).  I click the signin option and WITHOUT prompting for the userID & password, it says "Could not sign in. YOu will need to sign in again..."

What gives?

CCX500

POE

DHCP with VLAN options for the working VVXs, etc

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @KeithT ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

• Teams or Skype?
  • If Skype, Skype for Business Online or On-Premise?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Trying to sign in under Teams.
During the power on wizard, the Teams option was selected.

HP Recommended

Hello @KeithT 

Ideally, you should take this up with our partner Microsoft as they supply the Android teams client running on the CCX.

If that is not suitable open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Wow.

What's interesting is that when I place it in Skype mode, I can enabme the web login to see the following:

Phone Information:

Phone Model: CCX 500

Part Number: 3111-49710-001 Rev:A

UC Software Version1.0.0.2535 (Beta software)

And

Utilities >> Software Upgrade >> Check for Updates
does not find any updates from "Poly Hosted Server"

What's going on at Poly???

HP Recommended

Hello @KeithT ,

We found this as well and are in the process of fixing this. The load on the phone is the GA version but for whatever reason, it has the Beta flag.

As stated, open this with support and we can look at the Teams issue. We are all human after all.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Keith T,

When your phone connects, does it get assigned to the correct VLAN? Mine didn't. I think the DHCP mechanism that shunts phones to the correct VLAN doesn't recognize the CCX. 

Once I manually set the VLAN on my CCX, it was able to sign into Teams.

- J

HP Recommended

As it turned out, the problem seems to be that the device doesn't support DHCP option 3 (router) when sent from the Sonicwall DCHP lease.  Once this was removed from the lease package the device was able to perceive the correct router IP and communicate with the internet and therefore able to sign in.

HP Recommended

Hello @KeithT ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Thanks for clarifying this but I am surprised that we seem to work differently on a VVX compared to a CCX. Was this in Teams mode and do you have any example or capture what format this Option was?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes @SteffenBaierUK, the device was affected while in Teams Mode.

The Sonicwall EnhancedOS allows the definition of the default gateway at the "scope" level. In earlier VVX releases this was not recognized, and you had to specify the DHCP option 003 to send the "x.x.x.x" for the default gateway to be used by the phone. As a result, the DHCP scope for phones always had this specified.

The CCX500 would accept the lease and take an IP address from the SonicWall lease.  However it could not apply the router successfully when the SonicWall has both the gateway IP at the scope level AND dchp option 003 specified.  Deleting the option 003 did the trick.

The CCX500 had no problem processing other DCHP options such as option 006,066, 144, etc.

On my way to a few CCX700's now  I'll let you know how that fears.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.