Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Where can I find the CCX 500 serial number?  I need it in order to add the corporate device identifier to the Intune admin console so when we register the device, it goes in as corporate and not personal. 

I can change it from personal to corporate manually but would rather get the device entered in correctly the first time.  The sticker on the back contains the mac address, not the serial number.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

So on the box it clearly states that the serial number is the mac address.  However, in Intune, the serial number is totally different and I haven't been able to find it on the phone about screen or anywhere.  So far I will need to allow personal devices to register in into in order to get the serial number... That is ridiculous, so is there another way to get the serial number or does Microsoft need to use the mac as the serial number on their end??

HP Recommended

Hello @kweegup ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The only serial we are aware of is the MAC address of the device.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The SN Microsoft pulls from the device and displays in Intune is different that the Mac address so I guess I'll have to check with them.

HP Recommended

I think the serial number that displays in Intune is randomly generated. We have a CCX 500 for testing and after performing a factory reset, it showed up as a new device. Indeed, if you go and look at the hardware properties of the device in Intune, almost everything is blank, including the serial number.

I found this blog post that talks about creating Dynamic Azure AD Groups to assign policies to Teams devices:

https://arcible.com/blog/2019/11/microsoft-teams-devices-microsoft-intune/

They use the deviceManufacturer property to discriminate between Teams devices and other Android devices. Apparently it works with the Yealink phone they are testing with, but it doesn't work with this CCX because that info isn't there.

HP Recommended

I opened a ticket with Microsoft and this was their explanation

I have conferred with my senior technicians who've informed me that this is a known issue which is currently being addressed by our developers alongside Google.

The issue is that some Android products are using two serial numbers. (one for consumer and one hidden which is for the manufacturer and/or Google).

As our platform is able to read both serial numbers, the Manufacturer number is the one which takes precedence based on the OEM configuration of the device. 

I understand that this may not be ideal but we are always continuing to work on further improvements.

--------------------------------------

I do apologize that the situation is like this, but we are currently working with Google in order to address it.

HP Recommended

Hi kweegup,

Just wondering if you got a work around for this?  We are also testing the CCX 500 and encountered the same issue.  

Can I also ask if you are using Android (Device Administrator) enrollment for the IP Phones in InTune?

Thanks

RaymondL

HP Recommended

Hello @RaymondL , @kweegup  and @rgsteele1 

from the 5.9.13.0306 Release notes >here<:

• Device Management EN-171576
    CCX 500 and 600 phones’ serial numbers and MAC addresses don’t match in Microsoft Intune and the Teams device management portal.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @RaymondL , @kweegup  and @rgsteele1 

from the 5.9.13.0306 Release notes >here<:

• Device Management EN-171576
    CCX 500 and 600 phones’ serial numbers and MAC addresses don’t match in Microsoft Intune and the Teams device management portal.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

How was the issue fixed? 

On Intune, I still see the non-mac address serial number.

On Teams, I still see the Mac address as the serial number.

Maybe the issue would only be fixed if I delete the device and enroll again?  

HP Recommended

@RaymondL wrote:

Hi kweegup,

Just wondering if you got a work around for this?  We are also testing the CCX 500 and encountered the same issue.  

Can I also ask if you are using Android (Device Administrator) enrollment for the IP Phones in InTune?

Thanks

RaymondL

My only work around was to allow personal devices while enrolling.  Yes, currently enrolling as device administrator but I heard that's going away so hopefully there's a way to use enterprise enrolment in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.