Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

As I already mentioned I have tried logging cases but the support teams closes them straight away saying we don't have a support contract.

As an example a while ago I logged case 33958108 for an unrelated issue and the ticket was closed straight away with zero investigation to cause. In this case the issue was with the Poly ZTP server and luckily I found a direct contact in the ZTP team who resolved it for me.

Ps. I understand you may be a volunteer so if you aren't able to assist in any way it would be best to not reply.

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

my day role in Poly support is Senior Technical Support Engineer Team Leader Voice, EMEA Escalations so I deal on a daily basis with issues like yours.

In addition, I made for example the initial contact with our support organisation and our product management team back in April 2021.

I am answering to ensure all users that I do understand the frustration but there is no point complaining in this public community as no actions are taken by posting here.

Your employer is a large news organisation who has potentially far more power to work with our Partner Microsoft on this issue.

I do not want to close the post as it is a good discussion but it is not leading anywhere.

In regards to 33958108, you did not attach any logs or any details to the ticket so the agent told you where you can potentially find help with your out of warranty device.

Zoom support would have been the correct partner to contact as the MAC, once added to their Platform "should" automatically be added to ZTP. They can investigate on their end as well.

We recently changed our approach to dealing with out of warranty hardware and you should have a better experience with these kinds of issues.

Best Regards and I hope this clears things up a bit

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The reason this post isn't getting anywhere is because Poly is only blaming Microsoft instead of taking ownership so please don't make threats.

Why should we use abuse our media power to assist Poly to resolve these issues? We brought the phones from Poly and not Microsoft so as mentioned previously under Australian consumer law Poly is responsible for customer support for devices.

Since it has been proven that the phones don't have enough memory for the purpose they were purchased for how can we get then replaced with phones that are capable of the purpose they were purchased for? 

In regards to the case I mentioned can you please show where I was requested to send logs? The case was closed almost immediately after I logged the case. Below is screenshot to show the facts to everyone.

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

we are getting nowhere here.

The phone does have enough memory as specified by our partner Microsoft and only due to the fact of too many complaints Poly has taken the step to add the same amount as the CCX 600 utilizes.

I have shared details as I am aware and again I can only stress this is my personal experience and is a private comment made as a volunteer trying to help others.

Again complaining or posting in this public community does not automatically take any action or open a ticket and only using our official support infrastructure will lead into our organisation.

Any claim under Australian law would have to be taken up with our support organization or sales and again is not connected to the community.

The comment around ZTP and Zoom is again based on the unit being out of warranty and therefore the agent had nothing to check or go on.

We have now optimized this process and it should be dealt with.

Feel free to keep posting as I am not threatening anyone but do not expect an official answer via the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mr. Bauer:

If you were an end user with 100 of these devices with the general issues i mentioned in the opening post, what would you do?

Should we open a support case?  Toss them and purchase YeaLink?  Is there a massive firmware update on the horizon where these issues are addressed by engineering?

I realize the world isn’t going to change because of a post on the community forum but this would be a helpful answer.

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

I would suggest opening a Ticket with our Partner Microsoft and for example, ensure you mention 29972887 as an example for a ticket on their end.

Please refer to this post here and the discussion about the hardware specifications as outlined by Microsoft and followed by Poly and other vendors.

If they claim this is a Poly issue please ensure they provide the details from their logs from the applications running on a CCX phone which prove or outline that this is a Poly CCX Hardware issue.

If you have this contact me via a PM and I will engage their support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have opened case #31033788 and will advise, MS Contact Details Below:

Microsoft Support <o365sup6@microsoft.com>

Best Regards,

Izunna Onyeje | Microsoft 365 Ambassador

For Microsoft Customer Service & Support

Working Hours: M-F 13h00 – 22h00 UTC +1

Manager: Ebun | v-eadereti@microsoft.com
Technical Advisor: Wasim | wasim.dadan@microsoft.com 
To have consistent support experience, we recommend that you REPLY ALL when responding to this message
HP Recommended

@CBTech and others: If Microsoft supported these devices in SIP mode with the Teams SIP Gateway, would that be a workable solution? If not, why not?

For those of us stuck with these devices, it seems to me that lobbying Microsoft for this option may be the best way forward.

HP Recommended

@rgsteele have you tried sip mode as I have seen a few articles saying it is supported on the CCX phone. https://www.ucprimer.com/tech-blog/configuring-sip-phones-for-teams-sip-gateway

I think it is ridiculous though that we have to do work around to make the phones usable.

Steffen, Why is it up to the customer to get Microsoft to prove the fault is with the phone? Shouldn't this be Poly's responsibility?

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

Poly, to my personal experience, has an OEM like relationship with our Partner Microsoft.

A bit like HP, Dell etc. we install their software on our devices. In this case, the underlying OS is Android, but the applications (compare it to Windows Office aka Word, Excel) are installed on our devices.

In the background, multiple Microsoft applications all work together to enable authentication etc. and the Teams APK as the actual UI.

We Poly, like other competitors, demonstrated to Microsoft that our devices can run these in their original design and are complying with their specs.

We Poly, are only 1x of many other manufacturers running these apps. Again, I can stress that our hardware was designed in mind with our Partner Microsofts requirements and has the right CPU and Memory.

If a customer is unhappy with the performance, Poly can inform our partner Microsoft about this but there is not much pressure we can place on Microsoft to optimise their application. Based on customers' feedback, we have taken the steps and added more memory matching the CCX 600 and the CCX 700 to overcome issues seen in the field based on Microsoft’s original requirements.

If 100 customers raise a ticket with Microsoft this has a far larger impact. Please go ahead and raise this as suggested by me to @CBTECH  and then contact me via community Mail so I can get involved in the dialogue with our partner Microsoft.

Again, I can only stress this is my personal opinion and not based on my day job employer and if you are not happy with this please go ahead and open a ticket or contact our sales team in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.