Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After 12 months we are still having issues with these devices.  We have over 100 of these devices and our users hate them:

- Randomly the dial pad won’t appear, or the phone just doesn’t work until we factory reset it.  Our staff have gotten very good at doing a factory reset.

- In the latest teams client the recent calls doesn’t refresh unless you swipe down to manually refresh it.

- Random call drops or dead air.

- Microsoft refuses to troubleshoot issues that occur on physical phones, always makes us replicate the issue on a soft client (annoying, stop saying it’s certified and advertising them on your website then!)

Does anyone have any advice or similar complaints, if so have you found any solutions or am I at the point of tossing it all and going back to Cisco?

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

We have nearly 200 CCX 500 handsets and they are terrible. They constantly have issues and are so slow that they are extremely frustrating to use. Half the time you can't even answer a call before it goes to voicemail as the phones takes too long to wake up.

We have had to stop rolling them out as the user complaints are too much and the users we have rolled them out to have given up on them and gone to using their mobile phones.

The most frustrating thing is Microsoft always blames Poly and getting any support from Poly is almost impossible. (Just look at the Poly replies on this forum)

I have had one issue logged for close to 18 months and constantly being told the issue will be fixed in the next release but never is.

We also have some Yealink Teams phones and these have been flawless so I do believe the problems are Poly. 

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood  and @CBTECH ,

Not stating what software this happens does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months, or years to come as they do not know what software was used at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id and in the case of Microsoft Teams all the details about the Teams application and the Admin Agent, Company Portal, and Partner Agent. Our Partner Microsoft has the ability to upgrade the software of their applications so it is important to know what is being used and not what is part of our firmware

Poly and Microsoft are committed to jointly addressing these issues and continuing to improve performance on these devices.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Current Dev FW:  7.2.1.1971

Current Teams:  1449/`.0.94.2022041102/0411

Mr. Baier,

I do not think it is entirely Microsoft as we have a handful of Yealink devices that perform much better than the poly devices.  

Although I do agree with you that there are some MS issues to work out as well, their UI has some really dumb design choices for instance, there are firmware level issues with the poly that we do not have on other devices.

As I understand, Poly controls and is responsible for the firmware and MS for the teams interface.

Please reach out to your engineering team as we are going to end up throwing away 100 poly devices and replacing them with Yealink if something doesn't change soon.

Kind Regards,

Cody

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH 

I personally cannot do anything as I am just a volunteer as outlined in my signature.

We Poly, are only responsible for the Android OS and our partner Microsoft for their Microsoft Teams Partner Agent, Microsoft Intune Company Portal, Microsoft Teams Admin Agent and Microsoft Teams App in connection with the Microsoft Teams platform.

Same as any PC manufacturer would be if a Problem with a Microsoft OS would arise.

Feel free to open an official support ticket so this can be brought to the attention of our Product management but you simply overestimate what "power" we as a manufacturer have with our Partner Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sir:

I appreciate your engaging on the matter, but I do think Poly has some control over their own devices.  Poly is the leader and your phones are in every conference room in the Fortune 500, and yet somehow YeaLink who I've never heard of has seemed to find the fairway here and you guys are deflecting to Microsoft.

I'm just asking you to do whatever you can.

Regards,

Cody

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The performance issues have been there since day one we got the phones (Nearly 2 years ago) and have happened on every version of software and firmware so far. You can go back to my earlier posts on this forum regarding the issues.

It's great that new phones will have additional memory but how does that help us? If it is a known issue then shouldn't be recalling the phones? 

I have tried logging multiple tickets with Poly only for the ticket to be closed straight away saying we don't have a support contract.

After my previous complaints over a year ago here some Poly representatives in Australia contacted me and tried to assist with the issues but in the end they weren't able to assist and we gave up as we weren't getting anywhere.

As mentioned our Yealink phones don't have the same performance issues so stop blaming Microsoft. Our Yealink phones are about the same age and were cheaper than Poly. Unfortunately we made the mistake of thinking the more expensive Poly would be the better phone when buying new phones. How wrong were we.

Nathan

Nathan

HP Recommended

Yes, our org has been having issues with these devices as well.

Depending on how you look at it, either the minimum hardware requirements for Microsoft certification was too constrictive, or the software is just too bloated and inefficient. However, we've purchased a couple of the post-RevK devices to see if there is an improvement, and while they are more responsive, we are still seeing bugs with basic functionality.

Is Microsoft's Teams app entirely to blame? Perhaps there are bugs in Poly's code that are contributing to the issues, but at the end of the day, it is Microsoft that controls the software being released on the Teams Admin Center to run on these devices. If there are problems with that software, it is Microsoft's responsibility to work with Poly to have them resolved. Based on the bugs and performance issues we are all seeing, I can only assume that Microsoft is doing little to no QA on what they are releasing. 

Where do we go from here? Well, there is no reason Microsoft couldn't add support for the CCX devices through their Teams SIP Gateway. That way, we could re-configure the phones to run in SIP mode, which seems like it may be at least somewhat less flaky. If this would be useful to you, I encourage you to vote on my suggestion at the Microsoft Feedback Portal: Allow devices that support the Teams Phone app to be used with the Teams SIP Gateway instead · Commu...

As for us, we're looking at moving off Microsoft Calling Plans and on to a provider that will support these devices in SIP mode as well as Operator Connect or Direct Routing for Teams.

HP Recommended

Here is a link to my original post regarding the performance issues over a year ago. https://community.polycom.com/t5/Microsoft-UC-Platforms/Bad-lag-with-CCX-500-phones-with-Teams/td-p/...

It's so frustrating reading the generic replies on this previous post saying the phones are in spec so it's Microsoft's problem. If this was the case then why did Poly release a new model with more memory???? 

Regardless of who is to blame we purchased the phones from Poly and not Microsoft so under Australian consumer law Poly is responsible for solving the issue.

Below is the latest update on the ticket I have with Microsoft on the performance issue. This is probably about the 10th time they have told me it will be fixed in the next release so I have zero confidence it will be.

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood , @CBTECH  or @rgsteele1 ,

Poly introduced the new Rev K CCX 400 and CCX 500 exactly due to the complaints from customers. Again I can only outline the hardware specs provided by our partner Microsoft.

This may sound like a generic reply but in my role as a volunteer, I cannot make up excuses and blame my Employer. The opinions and facts voiced in this post and others are all mine and I do not speak for my employer.

I am unaware of what the hardware differences are between competitor phones and our hardware (amount of cores/Ram etc.) so I am unable to comment on this.

Again, @nharwood  if you believe this is a Poly issue open a ticket and reference this post.

For example, the delay and a blank screen are reported to our Partner Microsoft as 29972887 but I am unable to share timelines or anything for our Partner Microsoft.

You can open a ticket in Teams as explained in our Microsoft FAQ:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <= or if not being able to get this check >here< how to get them via the Phone Logs and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.