Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone updated the firmware using a FAT32 formatted USB?

Documentation states:

1. Download the latest software update file for your CCX 400 phone. (the zip file>, the .ld file?)
  2. Copy the file to a USB thumb drive formatted to FAT32.
  3. Connect the USB thumb drive to the USB port on the phone.
    The Update Firmware window appears. (mine never does)
  4. Select Update.
    The firmware updates.
16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello @KeithT ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

• Is this phone running 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?
  • Is this for Teams or Skype for Business? If Teams and you are on TAP then the TAC should have 6.2.22.0135

I already explained I believe >here< or >here< or >here< why a USB does not work unless you have been part of a Beta and are already on 5.9.13 or 6.1.xx and then you can use the same method as on a CCX 500 or 600

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any timeline/progress on those of us with 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 400 series phones?

HP Recommended

Somehow I understood that you were asking me to reach out to the TAP to get the firmware.  Only then I realized that they're not allowed to share anything under the NDA.  So when can we administer the CCX 400 devices?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

we just released CCX 400, 500, 600 Software 6.2.22.0185 >here<

The CCX 400 support page holds a USB Stick software in case the device runs software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi. I'm trying to update my ccx 400 from 1.01.0054 to 6.2.23.0304 via usb.  I'm following the steps, however, once I place the usb stick into the phone, the update firmware window does not appear.  I have reset the phone to factory defaults, I have rebooted the phone and nothing works.  I opened a case with Poly but I am told that I must resolve through a Certified VOIP Partner, but I do not have one since I purchased direct and deployed myself via Teams.  I have attached a few pics.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @ashb 

not sure which instructions you follow but do this:

• To verify the Software Version press the cogwheel on the top right corner and then select About:

• Download the Poly_CCX400_v1.0.x_to_6.2.23.0396.zip file https://downloads.polycom.com/voice/ccx-series/Poly_CCX400_v1.0.x_to_6.2.23.0396.zip
  • Rename the Poly_CCX400_v1.0.x_to_6.2.23.0396.zip into fv_update.zip and place it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick

!!! NOTE: Ensure no corporate security places any additional files onto the USB stick or encrypts the USB stick !!!

• Place USB Stick into CCX 400 and follow the instructions

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. Those are the exact instructions that I follow (not sure if you viewed the two pics I uploaded). When I place the usb stick into the phone, nothing happens. No update instructions pop up. The light on the usb stick illuminates, so I assume it is being accessed by the phone, but nothing happens. Any thoughts?  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hello @ashb 

your file shows as 600,728 KB and mine as 557,204

I would re-check and maybe download again and simply rename.

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I know what I was doing wrong now.  The link below took me to a page that had me download 6.2.23.0304.  It was until your last instruction did I realize that I needed to download an older version (Teams) 6.2.22.0185.  Thank you again for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.