Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Well, I'm about to throw these two phones out!

Microsoft gave up on my last case trying to update from TAC to the latest release they are pushing. These two phones had to be manually upgraded as shown on this forum in other threads due to an older firmware bug.  They are currently running:

UC Software Version6.2.22.0185
Updater Signature

Development

I have just spent a day trying to upgrade from USB, extracting the zip to a FAT32 drive. It prompts on reboot to upgrade, nothing happens.

I have tried via the web UI to go to .0202 and .0268 directly or in sequence without change.  I can see on my firewall it is going out to download it but the phones won't seem to upgrade. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Scratchy ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Where did you get these phones from?

An end-user should never have any development units as these are for Demo purposes only or evaluation or send by Poly support.

There is no end customer software to upgrade these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We purchased from CDW Canada!

HP Recommended

Hello @Scratchy ,

this may be an issue in this case. Do you have the serials for these units?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your insight.  SN 64167fcc624d and 64167fcc61f3

HP Recommended

Hello @Scratchy 

someone in your region should be contacting you.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry to highjack into this topic. We recommend Poly phones to our customer and sold a few in the last few months. I have the same issue described by Scratchy and the exact same firmware version, but no indication of "Development" anywhere.

After providing details to Microsoft support many times, the call was eventually escalated to Teams development team. They finally said it's not a TAC issue and to reach out to Poly.

Since I am a registered Poly partner, I guess the way will be to open a ticket, but I wanted to provide feedback in case you have the answer on-hand.

My personal diagnostic is the firmware zip file that is downloaded from Microsoft servers to the device miss some important files. Down below are some logs I downloaded from the device that seems to indicate that "3111-49700-001.sip.ld" and "sip.ld" are not present.

I am also located in Canada and all the devices we sold lastly have the firmware 6.2.22.0185.

If I download the firmware from the https URL, it seems those files are indeed missing. My question is, does these logs indicates that the files are not present within the firmware zip files or in the CCX-400 ? (see logs at the end of this message)

Best regards,

0203234711|copy |*|00|Server 'teamsdevicemgmtsvcprod.blob.core.windows.net' said 'software-packages/phone/android/polycom/Poly_CCX400_6.2.23.0268.zip/3111-49700-001.sip.ld' is not present
0203234711|cfg |*|00|Prov|Starting to update
0203234712|copy |*|00|Server 'teamsdevicemgmtsvcprod.blob.core.windows.net' said 'software-packages/phone/android/polycom/Poly_CCX400_6.2.23.0268.zip/sip.ld' is not present
0203234712|apps |4|00|cfgParamAndroidProv: firmware upgrade error status 28
0203234712|apps |4|00|cfgParamAndroidProv: firmware upgrade error hashcode="197894115", url="https://teamsdevicemgmtsvcprod.blob.core.windows.net/software-packages/phone/android/polycom/Poly_CCX400_6.2.23.0268.zip"
HP Recommended

Hello @MikeDS 

your phone is already on 6.2.22.0185 so I believe at present this is working as designed as our Partner Microsoft can only host 1x set of software per device and the software that was hosted is the one to update from 1.0.x to 6.2.xx

Simply use the phone built-in option as shown >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.