Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we are considering to buy a single CCX 400 device for one of our customers but there´s a catch I would like to clarify first. Basically, we have a MS Teams account (365 E3 license + Teams Phone) in our cloud tenant and we would like to simply log in with this account and use the device as a normal smartphone with Teams app.

The problem is that we don´t have an Intune license, therefore, we cannot enroll it into Azure at all - only the 365 Admin console for Office account administration. All devices are managed in our local AD and user accounts are synced to the tenant via ADFS.

Is it possible to use the device without Intune/Endpoint? Are there any workarounds or options that would be favourable to use with a single device setup?

Thank you for any ideas.

Jakub

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SirJacobus 

I believe my colleague will reach out to you directly but one of our Microsoft experts replied:

• The answer to the question is "yes, a CCX phone will work just fine without being "managed" by intune. Intune is mainly the compliance check. If you trust the device, you don't need it to pass by Intune." accidentally, without license i think the option to send the enrollments to intune is greyed out anyways

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.