Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@HobNob - Apologies for the delay.

The 3 rooms phones are all assigned Teams Room Standard. 2 have this 'new' layout, 1 with the old. All have the same TeamsIPPhonePolicy as well.

Still searching for a solution.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Morning TrentQ

It's me who should be apologising as I should have posted the solution that I found!

Seems Microsoft made a change to the Teams app which runs on these phones and now the layout is controlled by the type of licence assigned to the user.

We used to assign Teams Room Standard, but after adding some "Microsoft Teams Phone Resource Account" licences to our tenant and changing the user assignment, the phone layout changed back to the one we were used to. Note that you must also sign out and back into the phone using the resource account to action this change.

I think you can add 20 licences to your tenant on a 90 day trial basis if you'd like to test, but I can confirm this has fixed the problem on 23 of our phones now.

Go steady

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.