Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, Any idea why I'm seeing this look?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can't see those articles

HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ 

my signature has an Microsoft FAQ link aka the section you posted this question in. It is also a sticky post together with the ReadMe1st

A part of this FAQ:

• This is a quick overview of the most common asked questions in regards to Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business and the full VoIP FAQ can be found => here <=

• This Section will be updated from time to time.

• The Poly Community is not a replacement for Poly Global Services Support and you may be asked to contact your Reseller or if outside warranty to work with Poly Support via PPI (Pay Per Incident)

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

NOTE:

Please ensure before posting any new Question in the Community that you:

Once a new Post is started please provide the minimum Information:

• Provide the Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Details of the Microsoft Platform
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question
    UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Ensure private information is obfuscated
  • If possible provide a => Log <= and either attach them or use the => Code Tag <=. 
    Ensure private information is obfuscated
    Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For general questions around Support please check here

So far the information provided to the community is 0%

We assume you are using a CCX with our Partner Microsofts Teams application. We recommend contacting Microsoft for all questions about their application.

If this is in any way, form or shape related to Poly please provide the minimal basic information as outlined above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, hopefully this is what you are asking about:

• Provide the Software Version of your Phone: UC Software Version 7.1.4.0200
  • Provide the Phone: Model CCX 400
  • Provide the Details of the Microsoft Platform: Teams
HP Recommended

Hello @TrentQ 

for some reason the screenshot or picture was not visible in your initial post.

For all questions around the Microsoft Teams application and the look and feel please work with our Partner Microsoft as this is not a Poly related question.

The software you are using in your setup (without knowing the actual Teams version being used) is no longer supported.

You should be using UC Software 7.2.1 Rev C or Rev e

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello TrentQ

Have you found a solution to this yet as we're seeing it on some of our CCX phones. It looks like the phone is running the Android version of the Teams Rooms app. I was wondering if it might be down to licensing as we used to give Teams Room Standard licenses to resource accounts. I've tried assigning a Teams Phone Resource Account instead but the problem still remains.

Hope you can help me more than the other people in this thread who "helped" you!

Thanks

James

HP Recommended

Hello @HobNob ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The lack of details required for us volunteers of the original poster seems to be replicated by yourself.

Again I can only stress working with our Partner Microsoft on these issues as we, Poly, cannot answer for them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome, Steffan

If I managed to find this thread via Google, take a look at the click the Poly1.PNG attachment TrentQ posted and immediately see that this is the exact same problem I have, then all of the other information you keep nagging people to provide is pretty irrelevant. A picture paints a thousand words and all that!

@TrentQ I have done some testing and I'm almost certain that this is down to the type of license that has been assigned to the user/resource account. If I change the license from a Teams Room Standard to a Teams Phone Resource account, sign out of the CCX and sign back in it seems the layout returns to normal.

HP Recommended

Hello @HobNob 

you and the original posters are guests in this community. As a guest, I assume you are happy to follow our guidelines which are outlined in multiple places.

Again, you are using our Partner Microsofts Software with our Partner Microsofts Teams Platform so any questions around this are more likely to be answered in a Microsoft-hosted forum.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.