Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom Trio 8800 configured automatic sign-in, use SSI login is workable, PIN Auth NOT work. I import the configure value to device , then reboot. I saw PIN extension and Password both inputed, but no automatic sign-in. After checked device, this row disapper in device configuration. Why this row disappear after import? Try v5.7, v5.8, v5.9 firmware all occur same situation.

reg.1.auth.usePinCredentials="1"
--- Configration -----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
reg.1.auth.useLoginCredentials="0"
reg.1.auth.usePinCredentials="1"
reg.1.auth.loginCredentialType="extensionAndPIN"
device.set="1"
device.logincred.extension.set="1"
device.logincred.extension="1234"
device.logincred.pin.set="1"
device.logincred.pin="111111"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @neil chiu ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

You are using an incorrect configuration. In the Extension & Pin case the device.set parameters only work if imported on a running phone.

If you want to provision the Extension and Pin from booting up please use:

Sep 04, 2017 Question: Can I sign in to Skype for Business using configuration parameters/provision Login Credentials?

Resolution: Please see this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi SteffenBaierUK, Your link is working for PIN auth auto sign-in. My question - Why deploy guide always provide device.set for automatic sign-in? - And, device.set method work for SSL sign-in, but only PIN Auth not work? Thanks. Neil
HP Recommended

Hello @neil chiu ,

have you got a link to the quoted guide? And a page/chapter where we explain that this should work?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi, I got configuration from this link. This method work for SSL auth sign-in, PIN auth not. https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/trio-sfb-dg-5-9-0-AA/page/r-ucs-sfb-example-sign-in-configurati...
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaierUK,

I try your method found a problem. If the device no sign-in record, your configure is working. However, if the device already sign-in, then configurate other extension to auto sign-in will failure. It seems like even phone reboot also cache pervious display name to cause sign-in failure. I must power-off and power-on device, then sign-in configuration will work. or ... add a new display name "reg.1.displayName" in configration to overwrite pervious display name.

I still correct auto PIN auth sign-in method.

P.S. firmeware v5.7

Neil

HP Recommended

Hello @neil chiu ,

• The Reg. variant is for phones that never signed into Skype for Business
  • The Device. variant is to provide the credentials and the user needs to press submit to sign in

If you struggle with this please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.