Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have had several users experience issue with the VVX500 in conference calls with someone else screen sharing. Audio is lost.

Here is one example:

There was 3 people on a Skype for Business conference call
Users is on the Polycom VVX500 5.5 phone with BToE 3.5 (We have also experienced this with VVX500 5.4 and BToE 3.4)
when one of the people on call the call starts a screenshare the Polycom phones shows PC audio
User can see their screen on my computer, but use cannot hear or be heard.

This is the Diagnostic report from S4B
Report time: 8/11/2017 3:05:10 PM
Response code: 200 Diagnostic ID: 7030
Request type: BYE Content type:
From user agent: RTCC/6.0.0.0 AV-MCU
Diagnostic header: 7030; source="FExx.xxxx.com"; reason="User is replaced"; component="Audio Video Conferencing Server"

I was reading the release notes for 5.6 but could not find anything fix that matched 100%. Is this a known issue and is there a fix.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Rudy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Posting a complete software version number like 5.5.2 would help.

Please test UC Software 5.6.0 and if this fails (I assume you tested 5.5.2 already) open a support ticket.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We're having the exact same problem.  We're running BToE 3.6 along with UC 5.6.0.17325.  Things work fine until a user attempts to share their screen or add video and then the call is dropped from the Polycom phone and the PC speakers take over.  Although it is listed as an available device in Skype, you're unable to place the audio back on the Polycom VVX500 phone.

HP Recommended

Hello SAA-IT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The reply given to the original poster is also applicable to yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So what I'm hearing is that you have no idea what a resolution could be and instead I need to supply my MAC address so that you can determine who can officially support me?  Because I certainly posted the UC version I was using and it was above 5.6 so clearly that isn't the answer.

Our phones were purchased through SimpleSignal (now Vonage) however we're no longer their customer since we're obviously now using Skype PBX.  The issue is specific to BToE becuase we've tested otherwise and it works fine.

Please do point me in the direction of who would be best to answer this question as Microsoft has pointed to you guys to provide a solution.

HP Recommended

Hello SAA-IT,

You may misunderstand what we are providing through the free community.

To my personal knowledge I am not aware of a similar case within Polycom so therefore I am unable to provide any advise.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

As this is a case that needs to be checked we need this in support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

As you previously where with a SIP provider please also ensure that you have the relevant Polycom per device LYNC / Skype for Business Licenses as explained => here <=

Without proof of purchase or using the correct SKU we may ask you to purchase the relevant licenses prior to opening a case for all the phones in your organisation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

I also see this behavior. I seems to have appeared since we started to update skype clients from office 2013 to office 2016. The diagnostic ID 7030 is also related.

In my opinion, it is linked to the use of VBSS as screen sharing. The vvx may recognise it as an attempt to escalate to video call and then move the media flow to the pc client.

Not sure why in this case the audio is not streamed properly to the vvx.

This behavior, "PC audio" having the audio streamed to the vvx, relies on the sound device configuration on the computer. I often see it is done wrong on workstations.

HP Recommended

Hello francois,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Not having seen any kind of detailed log or having the ability to reproduce it I cannot comment and Polycom is unable to help or potentially fix this.

Considering the amount of Polycom devices in the wild it is probably highly unlikely that this could be caused by VBSS as the VVX is 3PIP qualified and simply would not answer with a compatible SDP.

I cannot stress enough how easy it would be for any of you three posters to get this into support and once we got hard evidence we can comment and maybe even fix this if this is some corner case.

Not following this up nothing will happen.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.