Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Sir,

Our company buy a polycom VBP 5300-E, I installed that VBP on our central office and connect its wan interface with Internet and lan interface with our lan, Our central office are connected with  some branch offices through MPLS. Every office has a HDX system. I configure that VBP as a embbered  gatekeeper, When i call from internet to our offices by dialling “VBP Public IP ## E.164”, call establish successfully. But when i call from intranet to internet (say Polycom test ip), call cannot establish.  Please give me a solution.

Thanks

Tirtha

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Are you using the VBP-E as your default IP Gateway or are you routing the call thru your local firewall...   Make sure you download and go thru the appropriate configuration area of the VBP Configuration document.   It's very complete.

Good luck,

Gary M

HP Recommended

can u tell me; what will be the gatway of Site A HDX 7000, ?

HP Recommended

The document states the GW would be10.90.91.22:

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

but, when i want to make a call form Inside to outside, how packet move into the internet world,  if the defalt gateway is 10.90.91.22

HP Recommended

The video call would exit the network to the Public thru Port 2 (WAN) port (200.x.x.x. in the diagram)..

Gary M

HP Recommended

then, how can i make a call from Site A HDX to polycom test IP?

is there any extra configuration required for that job?

Prefix Routing and Gatekeeper Neighboring??

please help me

HP Recommended

I think you are trying to make this too hard...

Your VBP is basically, a Video Firewall.   It KNOWS how to handle H.323 traffic and update all the packets correctly (H.225, H.245, etc)...

Your HDX will "register" to the embedded Gatekeeper of the VBP.   You should also point the HDX's IP Default Gateway to the LAN side of the VPB (10.x in this example). 

The VBP will have a LAN side that is 10.x and in this example, 210.x.x on the public internet...  

At this point, you should be able to call from the HDX on the LAN side to anywhere on the public that has H.323 capability.  

You mentioned Neighboring... Is there another Gatekeeper in your network layout ?

Gary M

HP Recommended

thank for reply... i will try and confrimed u...

one more question...

i want to nat the HDX 7000 web with public ip address.

please tell me the configuration.....

tirtha

HP Recommended

If you are using the VBP as your Firewall/router...   You can open a port forwarding from the WAN side to the LAN side HDX...   The HDX, by default, is expecting Port 80 for web traffic.  You can change that in the HDX configuration.   IF you change it, you just have to forward that new port from the WAN side to the LAN side.

I would not do it that way...

I would leave the HDX on Port 80 (on the LAN side) and then forward port (for example) 8080 on the WAN side to Port 80 (HDX on the LAN side)...   That way, if you point to the HDX on the LAN side, IE will open it up without having to specify an alternate port number.

Gary M

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.