Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Team,

Is this network issue or gatekeeper issue.

I have Polycom RMX 4000(On local lan) , CMA 5000(On local lan) & VBP5300 ST-25 (on Public IP).

All the equipments are interconnected so any EP coming from Public network lands to my RMX via VBP after registering.

Endpoints Polycom HDX 7000 with s/w Release - 3.0.3.1-19040 - On Pulic IP and Aethra VegaproS with s/w 10.2 NATted with Public IP .Both the endpoints  are registered via my VBP IP.

Problem which we are facing :

A) Polycom endpoint is not able to call Aethra endpoint by alias name. Vice versa is working fine.

B) When Aethra is calling to Polycom via Alias number, call is establishing fine but Aethra is not reciving the video only audio is received. Polycom is able to see and hear Aethra.

C) Now this is crazy , When Both the end-points are calling on RMX 4000 meeting room. Both Aethra and Polycom are able to send and receive the audio and video.

Above mentioned all the VC calls are made thru Alias.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Seems network issue,the EP on NAT(behind firewall)is not with the complete firwall ports on for video call

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

hi there,

try upgrading the HDX to 3.0.5 and retest ,

it is sounds like the alias dialing is not supported for the athera EP,

i had same issue with HDX coaling Scopia(radvision) via VBP

HP Recommended

Dear Avi,

If thats the case then , why the alias call is succesfull with RMX 4000 where as Alias calling on the EP is not passing the video on Aethra.

looking forward for your reply

HP Recommended

Have you tried alias dialling from polycom EP to polycom EP only??

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Yes,  we did that and its working fine . no issue audio video.

HP Recommended

Can someone help me on this case ??

HP Recommended
Hello Shailesh,

As previously mentioned if support is required please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi ..

as far as i understand  looks like the FW in the aethra side is not forwarding the UDP to the correct NAT(if i understood correctly the flow of yours).

any way this are the EP that supports by HDX 3.0.5

\

Aethra Vega X3 ver 12.1.19 
Aethra Vega X7 ver 12.1.7

try to upgrae your aethra to folow this chart..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.