Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After a complete rebuild of Win7 Pro, Using IE9 (tried Chrome too) I can't get to our RMX Web front end. 

Tried native IE9 & native Chrome & RMA Web i/f doesn't respond with the error http://10.100.210.16/EMA.UI/EMA.html#fromThis?&LANGUAGE=undefined

Ideally, I'd prefer to use RMX Mgr (Web Client) but I can't get RMX Mgr 7.6.0.172 to install giving an EMAOneClick error. Any ideas?

There are clearly browser & OS dependancies I'm missing.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Petet,

IE 9 is not a supported browser for the RMX Manager. In Windows 7, you will have to use IE 7 or 8. And if using IE 8, there are additional steps that have to be taken to circumvent browser security. They are detailed in the RMX 7.6 release notes from pages 10-14, but essentially you add the RMX to the trusted sites zone on your browser and delete a file that you may have cached from the RMX prior to it being added as a trusted site.

Once those are taken care of, IE8 on Windows 7 works fine.

HP Recommended

Hmmmm! My Win7 64 bit rejects Win 8 63 bit for XP & 32 bit for XP & 64 bit for Win2k3 & it also rejects IE7. Time to consult sysadmin.

I'll be back.....

HP Recommended

Pete,

Before you go off reformatting your HD once again, what is support versus what works are sometimes two different things. I would try the suggestions made previously before reverting to IE8.

Also, use the 32-bit version of IE. Since you are running win7, you may have to right click the shortcut and select Run as Administrator in order to install the activeX files. Then you can run IE as normal.

If al else this doesn't work, then you can download the RMX Manager software for free. This has the same look and feel as the web gui, but with the added benefit of allowing multiple RMX system to be easily accessible.

S.

HP Recommended

Ideally, I'd prefer to use RMX Mgr (Web Client) but I can't get RMX Mgr 7.6.0.172 to install giving an EMAOneClick error. Any ideas?

Sorry - i missed that part. Try running the installation by right clicking and select Run as Administrator.

S.

HP Recommended

No dice. Even with RMX Ops Guide pages outlined above.  Perhaps I should remove IE9 & install IE8. Thanks for the pointers.  It's clerarly a local implementation issue as you guys are all running OK & I was prior to the re-build. Pete

HP Recommended

For me, I try to hit the compatibility mode as it is loading.  That usually works.

HP Recommended

Running the RMX IP address in IE9 says wrong broswer environment.  That I can live with (even though it used to work OK in IE9 (32bit).

Running V7.6 RMX Manager jest throws a EMA ClockOnce has stoped working so I give up.

Thanks for your feedback though.

If I ever get it working I'll repost.

Pete

HP Recommended

Tried (in IE) removing all the classloader objects that exist, then try connecting again.?

tools>IE options>browsing history settiings>view objects)

HP Recommended

Thanks all.  I've got RMX Mgr 7.6 running now & at the end of the day that's better than IE for this purpose.  Ta Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.