Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I replaced a defect VBP by new. The old VBP stayed record on CMA (see on Network Device) I did the secreenshort of configuration. When I added the new device on CMA, a Alias has been created by default (Polycom 5300DLF-S10), the same name as when creating. I would like to modify with the correct value (68......) but it's impossible on CMA. Where I can to modify this value ? VBP is configured "WAN/Provider-side gatekeeper mode"

Thanks for help

Best regards

Didier

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

CMA version is 5.5.0.ER19 and VBP-ST version is 11.2.16

Regard

HP Recommended
When you add a VBP-ST to a CMA the only things you configure are the Provider and Subscriber IP addresses. The name you give it can be anything you want. It isn't an alias. If you then look at the VBP in Network Monitor view the alias you see will be the alias of the first endpoint that registered to it. As far as the CMA is concerned, the VBP is treated like any other endpoint with multiple aliases. In the case of the VBP it will have the aliases of all the endpoints that are registered to it. On a side note, I would recommend upgrading your VBP. There are numerous security fixes in the latest 11.2.23 release.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.