Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If anyone could help me out here during the holiday break, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last week, we implemented a VBP-E and VBP-ST into our environment.  The VBP-E has been working fine, but when working on the ST, I locked myself out of management and didn't have time to fiddle around with the RS232 console.  I should mention that before I locked myself out, I had the configuration between my Redundant CMA 5000s and the VBP-ST working (clients could call out if on the internal network, and CMA-D clients could register with the CMA on the internal network if on the internet).  

So since I was locked out of management, I decided it would be best to click the reset button 3 times to start over...  I haven't been able to get the ST working since.

I did some poking around the config files via SSH and here's what I've noticed so far.  Is this normal?

On the 5300 ST web interface, I set my Subscriber (WAN) to my public IP and my Provider (LAN) to my private IP.  However, if I look at the /etc/config/mand.conf file, it looks backwards....!!!!  Should the config file look like this?  How does it compare to yours?

# more mand.conf
callagent-ip-address=0.0.0.0
callagent-port=2727
mediagateway-port=2427
mgcp-port=6727
notifiedentity-port=2432
sipproxy-ip-address=0.0.0.0
sipproxy-port=5060
sip-force-hairpin=
sip-expires=
gk-ip-address=10.15.16.5
gk-ras-port=1719
gk-call-port=1720
ftp-ip-address=0.0.0.0
private-gateway=68.43.222.10
private-ip=68.43.222.10
private-netmask=255.255.255.240
private-ip6=
public-gateway=68.43.222.2
public-ip=10.15.0.83
public-netmask=255.255.255.224
public-ip6=
sntp-ip-address=0.0.0.0
tftp-ip-address=0.0.0.0
snmp-ip-address=0.0.0.0
landevice=eth0
wandevice=eth1
wandevice6=
wan-proto=Ethernet
max-wan-rtp=

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Loop,

If you are unable to access the webUI, please follow these steps to correct the problem. You will need a console (null modem) cable to correct it using the following procedure:

1-using Hyperterminal connect to the serial port (9600/8/N/1/N)

2-log in to the VBP console; username: root password: @#$%^&*!()

3-type /etc/conf/bin/ep_mfg <enter>

4-type /etc/conf/bin/config_network <enter>

5-you should now be able to access the unit normally

BTW - yes - the interfaces are reversed in the VBP-ST as this is a basic reverse firewall.

Let me know if you would like me to post my config.

S.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I was able to get my VBP-ST working.  There were some problems with the firewall rules that my security guy implemented...  However, some of my dynamically managed endpoints (CMA Desktop, RealPresence Mobile) clients show up in the CMA as online, but "Directory Status Unknown".

Thoughts anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.