Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi community,

The goal of our configuration is that each Polycom Endpoint tries to downoad and install the update from the Polycom Resource Manager where we have downloaded and released the latest update for several devices.

What do we put in the address bar on each endpoint in the field 'Server Address :' ? Is this the address of the resource manager? The IP address of the server? Now it shows polycom but I don't think this makes sense.

Thanks for any assistance,

Tom B.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you want to provision a group series against RPRM, it would go in the Servers - Provisioning section, and not the field you are looking at.

If you want to provision a phone against RPRM, it should look like this:

https://servername.yourfqdn.com/phoneservice/configfiles/

The slash on the end is important.

"polycom" by itself means the device will contact the polycom cloud for updates.  Very weird by itself, I know..I thought it was an error myself, but it works.

HP Recommended

the 'polycom' address is just a localhost file (probably) that allows the endpoint to scour through a series of DNS names (or right to an IP) for updates. With new updates Polycom can update that host list and add/remove distro points while just allowing the address to just be 'polycom'.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.