Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm running Resource Manager version 10.4.0.38. The Trio 8500 software version is 5.7.1.4095.

I have configured the DHCP with Option 161 and the string is "http://serverip//phoneservice/configfiles".

After I renewed the lease for the Trio on the DHCP it pops up in the Resource Manager but it does not a "Dial String" address like the other Trio's that I have manually configured with the Provisioning server string.

The Resource Manager also reports the device going offline after few minutes and I get a "Heartbeat Timeout" error. See screenshot.

Hope that you can assist me with this since I'm hoping not having to input this Provision server string manually on all the Trio's that we have on our network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @geirisaem,

Did you check the FAQ I posted ?

Possible Reason 3:

Wrong Username or Password on the Phone end.

Please ensure that the apps.statePolling.username or apps.statePolling.password on the phone end Settings > Applications > Phone State Polling has not changed from test.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @geirisaem,

welcome to the Polycom Community.
As you have not attached any backups and obscured your MAC addresses we are unable to check if the Trio in question is a Skype for Business SKU aka -019 or not. This will affect if it looks for DHCP Option 160 or 161.

The "normal" VoIP FAQ has these posts:

Dec 06, 2017 Question: Is there an FAQ for RealPresence Resource Manager RPRM to provision Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Dec 06, 2017 Question: What could cause heartbeat issues on a RealPresence Resource Manager RPRM using Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Testing this briefly in my Lab with a Trio running UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AB and RPRM 10.4 from factory default shows up with a Dial String after discovering RPRM via DHCP option 161 and signing into it Skype for Business.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The MAC address for Trio 8500 in question is "64167f1d4ed0"

I'm using option 161 on the DHCP for the Provisioning. Is it a requirement to have option 2 (time offset) and option 42 (NTP server) configured on the DHCP in order to get everything working with the Provisioning on the Resource Manager?

Attached is a screenshot of how the Scope Option is on our DHCP.

HP Recommended

Hello @geirisaem,

The MAC shows this is a -019 SKU and this should use Option 161.

Please contact your reseller on this as this "should" work fine.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Please provide feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Could this be related to certificate issue or HTTP vs HTTPS problem?

I have added Option 42 and Option 2 but that did not make a difference.

HP Recommended

Hello @geirisaem,

None of this has anything to do with your issue. You can try and get people in the community to help you troubleshoot this or escalate this via the official channels.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi, try this..

PROVISIONING SERVER

Server Type: HTTP

Server Address: http://FQDN/phoneservice/configfiles

Server User: PlcmSpIp

Server Pass: PlcmSpIp

File Transmit Tries: 3

Retry Waits: 1

DHCP MENU:

Boot Server: Static

Boot Server Option: 161

Boot Server Type: IP Address

Option 60 Format: ASCII String

HP Recommended

Hi Santiago,

I have tried this but no dice. I still see the Trio 8500 but the dial string is missing and after few minutes it shows as offline. I have few Trio 8800 on the same network and they all work fine with the same DHCP setting.

HP Recommended

Hello @geirisaem,

The official next step would be a Polycom Service Request via your reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I think I might be missing the Phone State Polling password. I checked on the other Trio 8800 and they have user name "test" and some password that was filled in automatically once I set the Provisioning server manually. Do you have any idea what that password might be or where I can find it on the RPRM?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.