Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

refereing to the knowledge base

http://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/microsites/search.do;jsessionid=1B4F8A20DBE71A28201A7FE9D...

what is the username/password for RSS2000 remote desk top?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Shabana,

There are a small number of service procedures, addressing very specific problems, which require remote desktop access to the RSS. This knowledgebase article was written so that our techs and SEs would be aware of this caveat in case they have issues connecting to an RSS 2000 windows partition to service it.

However, there isn't anything in the desktop partition that is intended to be customer servicible, and the only procedure we have to repair issues in the windows OS itself is to reimage the box to its default config. So, as a rule, we do not publish the OS credentials for the RSS 2000.

If you really, really want it for whatever reason, let me know and I can provide it to you, but there isn't really anything you can do in there as the device is intended to be treated as an appliance, controlled from the GUI.

HP Recommended

I was wondring if I can install antiviurs on the RSS2000 servers as the security team at the customer need to prodect all the servers in his DMZ. so I thought may be we can access it through the desktop.

HP Recommended

Shabana,

Unlike the CMA, we do not support antivirus software being installed on the RSS 2000. It interferes with the media processes that have to run on the appliance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.